Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
Classic Recreations, a noted bespoke coachbuilder known for exotic Mustang supercars that have been shipped all over the globe, has been granted a license by Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc. to build an iconic continuation car based on classic 1967 and 1968 Mustangs: the Shelby GT500CR.
“I am humbled and honored by the opportunity to work with a legend like Carroll Shelby,” said Classic Recreations owner Jason Engel. “We pride ourselves on building the finest coachbuilt muscle cars in the world, and I’m thrilled that this new opportunity will allow us to build some of the fastest and coolest supercars on the road today. Other shops build cars. We sit down with a client, listen to their fantasies, and then turn those into reality.”
Every Shelby GT500CR will be built with authentic Shelby Performance parts and with input and oversight from Carroll Shelby Licensing and Shelby Automobiles technical staff. Each car built at the Classic Recreations facility will leave the shop with an official Shelby serial number, badges and will be included in the official Shelby Worldwide Registry. More details on the new model will be released shortly.
“We are still working out a few details, but I know Shelby fans will love the new car,” Engel said. “It retains the most iconic Shelby elements everyone loves with modern performance and supercar level horsepower. Then add the panache of having a real Shelby GT500CR complete with a serial number and the man’s name right on the rocker panel. For Mustang fans, you absolutely can’t beat that.”
Classic Recreations is the first custom car builder to receive an official license to build the new GT500CR model.
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Classic Recreations announces GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom
- Classic Recreations reveals first GT500CR in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red