Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
Classic Recreations of Yukon, Oklahoma announced their licensing deal with Shelby at SEMA last year, and since then they have been busy building continuation versions of the 1967 Shelby GT500, named the GT500CR. The company has just released photos of their latest customer car painted in Candy Apple Red with a black stripe. The car features a 427ci V8 with 545 horsepower, 5-speed Tremec transmission, 9″ rear end, and modern components like rack and pinion steering, Baer brakes and a coilover suspension system. Each GT500CR also comes with plenty of official Shelby components including the fiberglass body parts, bucket seats, Carroll Shelby signature gauges, 17-inch wheels, and more. Customers can also opt for the “Venom” version, which adds a ProCharger centrifugal supercharger that boosts horsepower to 770.
While Classic Recreations offers five standard color combinations (Grey/Black, Red/White, Blue/White, Black/Grey, Yellow/White), they also offers custom colors like this one on request. All painting is done in-house at the company’s facility. You can see the paint job and the rest of the car in detail in the photos below.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- eBay Find: Classic Design Concepts 1967 Flashback Mustang
- Microsoft and West Coast Customs team up to build tech-filled Ford Mustang
- Ford announces new licensed reproduction 1967 Mustang Convertible body shell
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $275,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $115,500
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom