Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?
Ford has yet to release official production numbers for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but the information has been possibly leaked by an unlikely source. The bookstore chain Borders has posted a listing of a new book called Boss Mustang: The Return of the Baddest Mustang of all Time on their web site, set to publish next April. In the book’s description, details are given about how long the Boss 302 will be produced and how many will be built:
For the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.
If this is to believed, only 8000 Boss 302 Mustangs will be built for 2012 and 2013, 1000 of those being “R” models. No details are given about what the “R” model is, but it’s safe to assume that the Laguna Seca Package will be the “R” model for 2012, with perhaps another version coming the next year.
- Hennessey Performance releases details for HPE700 package for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: The sounds of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does a virtual 1/4 mile run
- Lucky owner gets to witness the building of his 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Sport Auto tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302s arriving in dealerships
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002 up for auction on eBay
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 laps Laguna Seca
- How do car seats fit in the Mustang Boss 302? Cars.com finds out
- SPEED TV to air special show about the making of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302