Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?
Ford has yet to release official production numbers for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but the information has been possibly leaked by an unlikely source. The bookstore chain Borders has posted a listing of a new book called Boss Mustang: The Return of the Baddest Mustang of all Time on their web site, set to publish next April. In the book’s description, details are given about how long the Boss 302 will be produced and how many will be built:
For the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.
If this is to believed, only 8000 Boss 302 Mustangs will be built for 2012 and 2013, 1000 of those being “R” models. No details are given about what the “R” model is, but it’s safe to assume that the Laguna Seca Package will be the “R” model for 2012, with perhaps another version coming the next year.
- Live photos of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 from Laguna Seca
- Video: Corsa shows off new exhaust system for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Hennessey Performance releases details for HPE700 package for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Lucky owner gets to witness the building of his 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 buyers to get complimentary track day
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 priced at $40,995, Laguna Seca Package at $47,990
- Dealer asking $99,000 for 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca pre-order on eBay
- Autoweek's editors review the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- How do car seats fit in the Mustang Boss 302? Cars.com finds out
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 named as one of Automobile Magazine's All-Stars