Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?
Ford has yet to release official production numbers for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but the information has been possibly leaked by an unlikely source. The bookstore chain Borders has posted a listing of a new book called Boss Mustang: The Return of the Baddest Mustang of all Time on their web site, set to publish next April. In the book’s description, details are given about how long the Boss 302 will be produced and how many will be built:
For the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.
If this is to believed, only 8000 Boss 302 Mustangs will be built for 2012 and 2013, 1000 of those being “R” models. No details are given about what the “R” model is, but it’s safe to assume that the Laguna Seca Package will be the “R” model for 2012, with perhaps another version coming the next year.
- Winner of the 2011 Mustang Dream Giveaway announced
- Road Test: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- Win a copy of the book 'Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car'
- Ford to auction one-off Grabber Blue Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at Barrett-Jackson
- Dealer asking $99,000 for 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca pre-order on eBay
- Video: Fifth Gear tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 at Le Mans
- Dates announced, registration open for Boss Track Attack Days at Miller Motorsports Park
- The 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 440-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 in detail
- Photo Gallery: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Miller Motorsports Park announces 2012 Boss Track Attack schedule