Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?
Ford has yet to release official production numbers for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but the information has been possibly leaked by an unlikely source. The bookstore chain Borders has posted a listing of a new book called Boss Mustang: The Return of the Baddest Mustang of all Time on their web site, set to publish next April. In the book’s description, details are given about how long the Boss 302 will be produced and how many will be built:
For the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.
If this is to believed, only 8000 Boss 302 Mustangs will be built for 2012 and 2013, 1000 of those being “R” models. No details are given about what the “R” model is, but it’s safe to assume that the Laguna Seca Package will be the “R” model for 2012, with perhaps another version coming the next year.
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 priced at $40,995, Laguna Seca Package at $47,990
- eBay Find: Totaled 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Evolution Performance offering Power Packages for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302s arriving in dealerships
- New Product: Airaid Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Intake System for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 named as Autobytel's Sports Car of the Year
- Video: Justin Bell takes on Mulholland Drive in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in Performance White
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 lineup
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing