Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?
Ford has yet to release official production numbers for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but the information has been possibly leaked by an unlikely source. The bookstore chain Borders has posted a listing of a new book called Boss Mustang: The Return of the Baddest Mustang of all Time on their web site, set to publish next April. In the book’s description, details are given about how long the Boss 302 will be produced and how many will be built:
For the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.
If this is to believed, only 8000 Boss 302 Mustangs will be built for 2012 and 2013, 1000 of those being “R” models. No details are given about what the “R” model is, but it’s safe to assume that the Laguna Seca Package will be the “R” model for 2012, with perhaps another version coming the next year.
- How one lucky Mustang enthusiast bought Boss 302 #0001
- Miller Motorsports Park announces 2012 Boss Track Attack schedule
- New Product: Airaid Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Intake System for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 named as one of Automobile Magazine's All-Stars
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in Performance White
- Ford Racing to offer select Boss 302 parts in the FRPP catalog
- Video: Road & Track tests the Boss 302 at Laguna Seca
- Six Figure Stang: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca on eBay with $108,499 price tag
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002 up for auction on eBay