Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?

By - September 13, 2010 – 3:15 pm7 Comments | 5,570 views

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

Ford has yet to release official production numbers for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but the information has been possibly leaked by an unlikely source. The bookstore chain Borders has posted a listing of a new book called Boss Mustang: The Return of the Baddest Mustang of all Time on their web site, set to publish next April. In the book’s description, details are given about how long the Boss 302 will be produced and how many will be built:

For the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.

If this is to believed, only 8000 Boss 302 Mustangs will be built for 2012 and 2013, 1000 of those being “R” models. No details are given about what the “R” model is, but it’s safe to assume that the Laguna Seca Package will be the “R” model for 2012, with perhaps another version coming the next year.

[Source: Borders.com]

• Great thanks for the info I have been wondering about this. Good to know.

• arfaness says:

Ford are bringing out some awesome stuff these days, with a great formula… Just keep on improving what you have already done right. These would make great weekend cars, and also make the case for spending thousands on aftermarket products a bit weaker.

• arfanees says:

The older 302 was technically larger and closer to the 5.0l mark than the new one. The new one is like 4.94L or something like that.

• nnik says:

302 is 4.9l

• roxxanne says:

I own a kona blue boss, it lives up to all that’s been hyped about it. It took me months to find the one I wanted,dealers are limited and pricing them up to 15 thousand over msrp. It has my father and all mustang lovers checking my ride. I did swipe out the rear spoiler for the laguna seca spoiler, now it looks sweet!

• Richard says:

I own a competition orange/black one. I have had it two months, only 253 miles on it, but it is a super awesome car. Took me 7 months to get it. Paid over MSRP, but worth it.
    I owned an original 1970 Boss, and this car helps me not miss it anymore.
    GOOD JOB FORD………

• David says:

Bought number 68 Kona Blue and think the car is wonderful. Took it to the track and out performs cars costing twice as much. Check out my video on YouTube under Speedluvr1.