New Product: MGW Short-Throw Shifter for the 2010 Mustang
MGW has released an updated version of its legendary shifter that works with the both the 2010 Mustang including both the GT and the V6. The new shifter retains many of the patented features of MGW’s original shifter for the 2005-2009 models including an adjustable handle, sound deadening center shaft design, variable throw, and high-quality replacement bushings. The new design is also lighter, easier to install, and provides smoother, quieter shifts. MGW lists pricing for its 2010 Mustang shifter at $260.00.
MGW 2010 Mustang Shifter Features:
- Throw is adjustable between a range of about 15 percent shorter than stock to 50 percent.
- Shift knob can be adjusted in rotational position to fit drivers’ personal comfort settings.
- Shifter kit comes complete with sound and thermal deflection technology to maintain near original OEM sound levels and even better heat insulation.
- Shifter has strong lateral spring load to eliminate the 3rd gear lockout issue with the remote shifter design of the S197 Mustang. Finally, you can powershift from 2nd to 3rd without hesitation.
- Shifter assembly is complete with no component pieces from original OEM shifter resused.
- Makes our shifter a littler pricier than the competition but for good reason. Some of the key included components not found on most other aftermarket shifters include:
- Replacement transmission linkage bushings
- Stainless steel bushings on both sides of front support
- Lock washers included for all connecting brackets.
- No noisy polyurethane bushings in our shifter
- Shifter is available with your choice of shift knob shaft, one with the OEM 12 MM fine pitch threads and one with 12 MM coarse pitch for most aftermarket Mustang knobs. Be sure and check out our Extensive line of custom shift knobs!!!
- Shifter assembly is completely machined from aircraft grade aluminum and all billet components are hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service. All steel components are aircraft grade stainless steel.
- Shifter comes complete with video installation CD.
[Source: MGW Ltd]
- MGW previews its new shifter for the Shelby GT500
- MGW announces details, pricing for its new Shelby GT500 shifter
- Guide to S197 Mustang Short Throw Shifters
- New Product: MGW Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011+ Mustang
- Product Review: B&M Racing Short Throw Shifter for the S197 Ford Mustang
- Product Review: Hurst Competition/Plus Short Throw Shifter