SEMA 2010: Edelbrock announces new E-Force supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
The 2010 SEMA Show has yet to officially open its doors to the press, but MustangsDaily.com has some exclusive details on one of the most exciting Mustang products at the show, Edelbrock’s new E-Force Supercharger System for the 2011 Mustang GT. We will try and bring you more information soon including horsepower ratings, but you can read all the details about their new supercharger system below.
Edelbrock 2011 Mustang E-Force Supercharger System:
The Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger System for the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 4V will allow you to boost your Mustang to a new performance level. The core of the system is the all new Eaton Gen VI TVS supercharger rotating assembly. Eaton’s assembly features a four lobe design with 160 degrees of twist for maximum flow, minimum temperature rise and quiet operation for excellent drivability. The supercharger assembly has been integrated into the intake manifold for a seamless design with minimal components, eliminating the possibility of vacuum leaks between a gasket surface.
The system utilizes the most unique and efficient inlet configuration on the market. This combination results in a shorter, less restrictive intake path for improved air flow. Keeping the air cool is a 110 square inch high capacity air-to-water intercooler and full face low temperature heat exchanger. This intercooler is the largest available on the market today.
Finally, the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger System is not just a performance upgrade, but it also has great looks! The supercharger assembly is uniquely styled to give your engine compartment a custom look. All of the components have been black powder coated for durability with highlighted fins and Edelbrock logo for a timeless look.
Features and Benefits:
- Exclusively designed to provide instant, reliable and safe horsepower for a stock Mustang 5.0L with low boost for minimum stress on the engine
- Complete system that maximizes efficiency and performance by minimizing air restriction in and out of the supercharger
- Unique inverted supercharger assembly is placed low in the valley, allowing for an incredible industry leading 15″ of intake runner length for maximizing low end torque
- An integrated bypass valve helps eliminate parasitic loss under light throttle for improved mileage potential
- Internal assembly made by Eaton, the same rotors used in the new Corvette ZR-1
- Self contained oil system with 100,000 mile service interval (no drilling or plumping required)
- 50-state emissions street legal – E.O. number coming soon
- Available with an optional powertrain warranty
Photos © 2010 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Automatic 2011 Mustang GT runs 11 second quarter mile on street tires
- 2011 Ford Mustang GT announced as official Daytona 500 pace car
- Video: JPC Racing makes 500 naturally aspirated rwhp with a 2011 Mustang
- Photo Gallery: 2011 Roush 5XR Mustang
- Ford Mustangs dominate their classes in Car and Driver's Lightning Lap
- Roush releases first photos of 2011 Stage 2 Mustang
- Ford issues TSB regarding clutch problems for the 2011 Mustang GT
- Video: Bassani turns up the volume on its 2011 Mustang exhaust system
- New Product: JPC Racing Stage 1 CNC Heads for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- Popular Mechanics names the Ford Mustang as the Top Performance Car of 2011