2012 Mustang Boss 302 to be priced at “approximately $40,000″
Ford has been tight lipped about production numbers and pricing for the upcoming 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but thanks to some third parties we now have that information. Back in September the bookstore chain Borders let slip the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 production numbers in a description of one of their upcoming books. Their web site stated that “for the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.”
Now the approximate pricing for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 has been revealed thanks to the Mustang Dream Giveaway, who will be raffling off matching 1969 and 2012 Boss 302 Mustangs. In the FAQ section on their web site, the sweepstakes lists the value of each car, stating that the “sticker price of the new Boss is approximately $40,000 [although] many dealers have sold them for premiums.” So what does this mean for anyone interested in buying a 2012 Boss 302? Expect dealers to ask at least anywhere from $45,000 to $50,000, possibly more, even if they sit on showroom floors for more than a year. Sound familiar?
- Video: First 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in the 10's
- Video: The sounds of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Dealer asking $99,000 for 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca pre-order on eBay
- Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?
- Video: Ford Racing shows how the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 sounds with the TracKey
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- Hagerty names Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca as one of 2012's top ten future classics
- Ford Racing to offer select Boss 302 parts in the FRPP catalog
- Six Figure Stang: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca on eBay with $108,499 price tag
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca quickest in class for Car and Driver's 2012 Lightning Lap competition