2012 Mustang Boss 302 to be priced at “approximately $40,000″
Ford has been tight lipped about production numbers and pricing for the upcoming 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but thanks to some third parties we now have that information. Back in September the bookstore chain Borders let slip the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 production numbers in a description of one of their upcoming books. Their web site stated that “for the 2012 model year, Ford is at long last reviving the most revered of all Mustang models. The Boss is back. As with the first iteration, the new Boss Mustang will be built for two model years only, and just 4,000 cars will be produced each year: 3,500 street cars and 500 “R” race cars.”
Now the approximate pricing for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 has been revealed thanks to the Mustang Dream Giveaway, who will be raffling off matching 1969 and 2012 Boss 302 Mustangs. In the FAQ section on their web site, the sweepstakes lists the value of each car, stating that the “sticker price of the new Boss is approximately $40,000 [although] many dealers have sold them for premiums.” So what does this mean for anyone interested in buying a 2012 Boss 302? Expect dealers to ask at least anywhere from $45,000 to $50,000, possibly more, even if they sit on showroom floors for more than a year. Sound familiar?
- Hennessey Performance releases details for HPE700 package for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 lineup
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 buyers to get complimentary track day
- Inside Look: Why the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 isn't just a sticker and wheel package
- Win a copy of the book 'Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car'
- The 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 440-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 in detail
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 receives MotorWeek's "Best of the Year" Drivers' Choice Award
- SPEED TV to air special show about the making of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does a virtual 1/4 mile run
- Winner of the 2011 Mustang Dream Giveaway announced