2013 Mustang Boss 302 design and colors revealed on SPEED TV

By - November 29, 2010 – 12:07 pm8 Comments | 57,330 views

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Colors

Last week SPEED TV aired a special one hour program documenting the creation and development of the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. In case you missed it, they’ll be showing it a few more times on December 8th and 9th, and even if you did see it you might want to check it out again to look for a sneak preview of what’s in store for the 2013 Mustang Boss 302.

About halfway through the show the SPEED TV cameras get inside access to one of Ford’s design studios, showing portions of a full car that appears to be a 2013 Boss 302. The styling more closely resembles that of the 1970 Boss 302 model, just as the 2012 model takes its styling cues from the 1969 Boss 302. Instead of the C-stripe on the 2012, the side stripe slants vertically up over the fender where they form triple stripes that run down the length of the hood.

It also looks like there will be several new colors for the Boss 302 in 2013 as well. The SPEED TV cameras caught a white board showing a whole new selection of colors, with “2013” printed next to photos of the Laguna Seca models. On the list appears to be Grabber Green, Grabber Blue, joining the Performance White, Race Red and Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat that are being offered in 2012. The Laguna Seca models will also be offered in different colors, either black with yellow stripes or white with yellow stripes. You can see screen shots of the different colors and the Grabber Green demonstration car in the gallery below.

• John says:

This is fake! They are the concept drawings the boss is a limited production model only for 2012

• MustangsDaily says:

It’s widely expected that the Boss 302 will have a 2 year production run, with 4000 cars being produced each year:

• neil says:

John I believe Mustangsdaily author to be correct. From all I’ve read that is the plan. My Boss is on order with the “C” stripe. I had a 1970 Boss all white with the “hockey stick” stripe. But, twist my arm, this one will do.

• Gus says:

Hard to tell from the picture of the whiteboard but the color identified as Yellow Blaze could also be Grabber Orange, since it was a ’70 Boss color…

• Daniel Hinton says:

I am glad to see that Ford will make the Boss 302 for two model years
    like the original.I like the c stripe on the 2012 Boss but my favorite
    was the so called hockey stick stripping so I will have to wait to get
    my Grabber Blue 2013 Boss 302.

• Gary Quam says:

My first new car was a 70 boss and my excitement for 2012 was tempered by the c stripe, colors offered, $10,000 dealer “premium”, rear end treatment (I’m not referring to the dealer premium, but the tail design-I thought they got it right in 2007), and finally availability. If Mustangsdaily is correct, I will be waiting in line at my local Ford dealer.

• jim says:

give me a premiun gt , and a 9lb blower for an extra $7000 then I’m in

• Jay says:

This is not fake… 2012 Boss 302’s are modeled towards the 1969 Boss 302 with the “C” stripe. 2013 Boss 302’s are modeled after the 1970 Boss 302 with the “L” stripe. 2 Years then, 2 years now