A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
At SEMA last year Classic Recreations of Yukon, Oklahoma announced a partnership with Shelby to produce a continuation version of the legendary car. The GT500CR, while taking inspiration from the original, is actually a vastly superior car featuring modern suspension and braking systems as well as a start-of-the-art 427ci V8 producing 545 horsepower in base trim. Each GT500CR takes an amazing 2,500 man hours to build, and every car is assembled with a close attention to detail.
Since then we’ve seen a couple different versions of the car including the prototype and one in Candy Apple Red. However, we wanted to get a look at the GT500CR in person so we headed out to Oklahoma to visit Classic Recreations for ourselves. Owner Jason Engel gave us a personal tour of the facility, and you can follow along with the assembly of a GT500CR below.
You can view the full gallery from our tour below:
Photos ©2010 MustangsDaily.com
- Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Classic Recreations reveals first GT500CR in Las Vegas
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations announces GT500CR Convertible
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- 2011 Shelby GT350 trounces Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Road and Track comparison test