Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
Last night Barrett-Jackson auctioned off dozens of high-quality collector cars, none more desirable than than a one-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted in Grabber Blue. Ford has a history of auctioning special cars for charity at Barrett-Jackson, all of which have sold for well into the six figures, and this special pony car was no exception.
Bids started flooding in after an intro about the car from Ford President Mark Fields and legendary race car driver Parnelli Jones , and within a few seconds the price was past the $100,000 mark. Soon after the high bid was at $200,000, and from there it crept slowly up to $300,000. As an added incentive Ford through in some extras including a plaque with the intake of the Boss 302 test car, a one-of-a-kind Boss 302 jacket and photos with Parnelli Jones. With those items in the mix bidding rose past $400,000 and finally rested on $450,000.
In case you missed the auction live on SPEED TV, we’ve embedded a video of the auction below, as well as live photos straight from the auction block.
Photos ©2011 Mike Maez for MustangsDaily.com
- New Product: 2012 Boss 302 camshafts for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to be priced at "approximately $40,000"
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- How one lucky Mustang enthusiast bought Boss 302 #0001
- A look inside the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 444 horsepower V8
- Video: Ford Racing shows how the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 sounds with the TracKey
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to serve as pace car for final NASCAR Nationwide race of the season
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 receives MotorWeek's "Best of the Year" Drivers' Choice Award
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 with and without exhaust restrictor plate
- SEMA 2010: Matching Boss 302 Mustangs to be raffled to benefit the Healing Heroes Network