Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
Last night Barrett-Jackson auctioned off dozens of high-quality collector cars, none more desirable than than a one-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted in Grabber Blue. Ford has a history of auctioning special cars for charity at Barrett-Jackson, all of which have sold for well into the six figures, and this special pony car was no exception.
Bids started flooding in after an intro about the car from Ford President Mark Fields and legendary race car driver Parnelli Jones , and within a few seconds the price was past the $100,000 mark. Soon after the high bid was at $200,000, and from there it crept slowly up to $300,000. As an added incentive Ford through in some extras including a plaque with the intake of the Boss 302 test car, a one-of-a-kind Boss 302 jacket and photos with Parnelli Jones. With those items in the mix bidding rose past $400,000 and finally rested on $450,000.
In case you missed the auction live on SPEED TV, we’ve embedded a video of the auction below, as well as live photos straight from the auction block.
Photos ©2011 Mike Maez for MustangsDaily.com
- Ford offering personalized prints to 2012 Mustang Boss 302 owners
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002 up for auction on eBay
- Inside Line track-tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 makes 416 rwhp on the dyno
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Package at the L.A. Auto Show
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca quickest in class for Car and Driver's 2012 Lightning Lap competition
- Dates announced, registration open for Boss Track Attack Days at Miller Motorsports Park
- Ford to auction one-off Grabber Blue Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at Barrett-Jackson
- Miller Motorsports Park announces 2012 Boss Track Attack schedule
- Video: Corsa shows off new exhaust system for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302