Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
Last night Barrett-Jackson auctioned off dozens of high-quality collector cars, none more desirable than than a one-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted in Grabber Blue. Ford has a history of auctioning special cars for charity at Barrett-Jackson, all of which have sold for well into the six figures, and this special pony car was no exception.
Bids started flooding in after an intro about the car from Ford President Mark Fields and legendary race car driver Parnelli Jones , and within a few seconds the price was past the $100,000 mark. Soon after the high bid was at $200,000, and from there it crept slowly up to $300,000. As an added incentive Ford through in some extras including a plaque with the intake of the Boss 302 test car, a one-of-a-kind Boss 302 jacket and photos with Parnelli Jones. With those items in the mix bidding rose past $400,000 and finally rested on $450,000.
In case you missed the auction live on SPEED TV, we’ve embedded a video of the auction below, as well as live photos straight from the auction block.
Photos ©2011 Mike Maez for MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at the Detroit Auto Show
- Parnelli Jones takes delivery of his 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Winner of the 2011 Mustang Dream Giveaway announced
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0001 for sale on eBay
- eBay Find: Totaled 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Hennessey Performance releases details for HPE700 package for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Ford releases new photos of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- The Boss is back! Ford officially unveils 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Justin Bell takes on Mulholland Drive in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302