Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
Last night Barrett-Jackson auctioned off dozens of high-quality collector cars, none more desirable than than a one-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted in Grabber Blue. Ford has a history of auctioning special cars for charity at Barrett-Jackson, all of which have sold for well into the six figures, and this special pony car was no exception.
Bids started flooding in after an intro about the car from Ford President Mark Fields and legendary race car driver Parnelli Jones , and within a few seconds the price was past the $100,000 mark. Soon after the high bid was at $200,000, and from there it crept slowly up to $300,000. As an added incentive Ford through in some extras including a plaque with the intake of the Boss 302 test car, a one-of-a-kind Boss 302 jacket and photos with Parnelli Jones. With those items in the mix bidding rose past $400,000 and finally rested on $450,000.
In case you missed the auction live on SPEED TV, we’ve embedded a video of the auction below, as well as live photos straight from the auction block.
Photos ©2011 Mike Maez for MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Road & Track tests the Boss 302 at Laguna Seca
- 1-of-1 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted 'School Bus Yellow' going up for auction
- Video: Hennessey builds first supercharged Boss 302 Laguna Seca with 563 rwhp
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 with and without exhaust restrictor plate
- Win a copy of the book 'Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car'
- Behind the scenes of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 media drive
- Hennessey Performance releases details for HPE700 package for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Road Test: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- The 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 440-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 in detail
- Live photos of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 from Laguna Seca