Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
Last night Barrett-Jackson auctioned off dozens of high-quality collector cars, none more desirable than than a one-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted in Grabber Blue. Ford has a history of auctioning special cars for charity at Barrett-Jackson, all of which have sold for well into the six figures, and this special pony car was no exception.
Bids started flooding in after an intro about the car from Ford President Mark Fields and legendary race car driver Parnelli Jones , and within a few seconds the price was past the $100,000 mark. Soon after the high bid was at $200,000, and from there it crept slowly up to $300,000. As an added incentive Ford through in some extras including a plaque with the intake of the Boss 302 test car, a one-of-a-kind Boss 302 jacket and photos with Parnelli Jones. With those items in the mix bidding rose past $400,000 and finally rested on $450,000.
In case you missed the auction live on SPEED TV, we’ve embedded a video of the auction below, as well as live photos straight from the auction block.
Photos ©2011 Mike Maez for MustangsDaily.com
- Ford offering personalized prints to 2012 Mustang Boss 302 owners
- Dealer asking $99,000 for 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca pre-order on eBay
- Video: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca runs an 11.9 @ 124 mph
- Inside Line track-tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Video: First 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in the 10's
- Video: Motor Trend tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, does 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Package at the L.A. Auto Show
- Hagerty names Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca as one of 2012's top ten future classics
- Dates announced, registration open for Boss Track Attack Days at Miller Motorsports Park
- Video: Road & Track tests the Boss 302 at Laguna Seca