Vaughn Gittin Jr.’s Mustang to be powered by a Ford Racing 5.4L V8 for the 2011 season
Vaughn Gittin Jr. dominated the 2010 Formula Drift season from start to finish by making six of seven podiums, but that doesn’t mean he will be resting on his laurels for 2011. Vaughn’s Mustang is getting yet another makeover for the upcoming season including a brand new engine. Replacing the supercharged 5.0L V8 is a naturally aspirated 5.4L V8 from Ford Racing built by Huffaker Engineering. The motor features a Bosch-fed Kinsler ITB fuel injection system, custom K&N air filters, Motec ECU, and puts out over 700 horsepower at the flywheel.
“We went with the the 5.4 rather then the 5.0 because we needed as much displacement as possible to run with push rod sprint car motors since we are not using the blower,” says Gittin. “It is actually a 6.0L and can rev well over 8000RPM. We will be testing next month so stay tuned!”
We’ll bring you more details about the motor and Gittin’s Mustang for the 2011 Formula Drift season as soon as we get more information.
- Photo Gallery: Vaughn Gittin Jr's 2011 Formula Drift Mustang debuts in Long Beach
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. one step closer to Formula Drift title with first place finish at Sonoma
- Vaughn Gittin unveils new drift Mustang for 2010
- Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s 2010 Formula Drift Mustang in detail
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. finishes third in Las Vegas, maintains Formula Drift series lead
- Video: Watch Tanner Foust drift the 2013 Mustang and see how Recaro seats are made
- Top Cover Racing to debut new Mustang at Formula Drift in Las Vegas
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. and his Mustangs to be featured in Need for Speed SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
- Vaughn Gittin earns sixth place finish with debut of his 2010 Mustang