2013 Mustang Mach 1 rendered

By - March 24, 2011 – 2:52 pm7 Comments | 59,304 views

2013 Ford Mustang Mach 1

The creative juices have been flowing the last few days with some imaginative speculation about what Mustang models might be produced in the near future. Yesterday we showed you the TopSpeed.com’s rendering of a 2013 Mustang Bullitt, and they have followed that up today with the 2013 Mustang Mach 1.

The speculated Mach 1 takes heavily from the 1971-1973 model’s styling, with the black graphics and NACA ducts on the hood, rectangular lights within the grille, a more aggressive front fascia and black rear spoiler.

Like with the Bullitt, there is no current indication that Ford is looking to bring back the Mach 1 nameplate any time soon, but there are still a couple years left for Ford to produce another special edition pony car before the revised Mustang is introduced in 2014.

[Source: TopSpeed.com]

• Josh H says:

The dual scoop looks good, but a shaker version would look better, especially since there is a FRPP shaker for the 11+.

• Jared says:

Looks good but i think they should have 2 options in the mach 1. One like in the pic above and then a slighly faster model with a shaker.. We need more options on cars like they use to have in the 60s and 70s you could have almost any color interior more motor options ect but that is my opinion

• jack wright says:

Love the look, I’m the proud owner of a 1971 mach 1, which I have had since 1973. So the possibility of the 71 to 73 mach look making it on the new stangs would be awesome.

• Cameron says:

I think that this looks great. My favorite mustang is a ’71 mach one, and I see this, and it just brings back memories. I think that this should definetely should be one of the top thoughts for mustang producers.

• CavScout62 says:

Ford should build a new Mach 1 with this hood and the 302 under it and a Shaker Hood with the 6.2L under it for the uUltimate Mach 1!

yeah,that looks top,will it ever be released tho?

• John says:

i love mustangs with all my heart, and the mach 1 is one of my favorites. however i was never a big fan of the 71-73 mach 1’s. I always thought they stretched them out to long. I just think the 69 and 70 looked so much better. The 69 SCJ was a beautiful car.