Video: Stock 2012 Mustang Boss 302 runs 11.7 @ 117 mph
We knew the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 was fast in a straight line after driving it both on the street and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and our gut feeling was backed up after Motor Trend put up some impressive test numbers – 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3 seconds @ 115.8 mph. We’re guessing that those numbers are just about as good as they get with the Boss 302 in stock form, but what happens if you strap on a set of drag radials to the car? Someone has done just that, and the numbers are incredibly impressive. After launching with a 1.69 60 foot time, the completely stock Boss 302 knocked out the quarter mile in just 11.72 seconds at 117.2 mph.
Need proof? Check out the video below.
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002 up for auction on eBay
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 named as one of Automobile Magazine's All-Stars
- Video: The sounds of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- A look at the underside of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
- Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?
- Car and Driver shows how to remove the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's exhaust restrictor plates
- How one lucky Mustang enthusiast bought Boss 302 #0001
- Inside Look: Why the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 isn't just a sticker and wheel package
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca quickest in class for Car and Driver's 2012 Lightning Lap competition