Video: Stock 2012 Mustang Boss 302 runs 11.7 @ 117 mph
We knew the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 was fast in a straight line after driving it both on the street and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and our gut feeling was backed up after Motor Trend put up some impressive test numbers – 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3 seconds @ 115.8 mph. We’re guessing that those numbers are just about as good as they get with the Boss 302 in stock form, but what happens if you strap on a set of drag radials to the car? Someone has done just that, and the numbers are incredibly impressive. After launching with a 1.69 60 foot time, the completely stock Boss 302 knocked out the quarter mile in just 11.72 seconds at 117.2 mph.
Need proof? Check out the video below.
- Autoweek's editors review the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- New Product: Airaid Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Intake System for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Car and Driver shows how to remove the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's exhaust restrictor plates
- Parnelli Jones takes delivery of his 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- 1-of-1 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted 'School Bus Yellow' going up for auction
- Automobile Magazine features the 2012 Boss 302 and the 10 greatest Mustangs ever
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- Video: Ford Racing shows how the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 sounds with the TracKey
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 makes 416 rwhp on the dyno
- Borders online bookstore leaks 2012 Boss 302 production numbers?