Video: Stock 2012 Mustang Boss 302 runs 11.7 @ 117 mph
We knew the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 was fast in a straight line after driving it both on the street and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and our gut feeling was backed up after Motor Trend put up some impressive test numbers – 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3 seconds @ 115.8 mph. We’re guessing that those numbers are just about as good as they get with the Boss 302 in stock form, but what happens if you strap on a set of drag radials to the car? Someone has done just that, and the numbers are incredibly impressive. After launching with a 1.69 60 foot time, the completely stock Boss 302 knocked out the quarter mile in just 11.72 seconds at 117.2 mph.
Need proof? Check out the video below.
- Winner of the 2011 Mustang Dream Giveaway announced
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002 up for auction on eBay
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- Parnelli Jones takes delivery of his 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- A look inside the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 444 horsepower V8
- Video: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca runs an 11.9 @ 124 mph
- Video: Road & Track tests the Boss 302 at Laguna Seca
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to serve as pace car for final NASCAR Nationwide race of the season
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 priced at $40,995, Laguna Seca Package at $47,990
- Video: Corsa shows off new exhaust system for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302