Video: Stock 2012 Mustang Boss 302 runs 11.7 @ 117 mph
We knew the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 was fast in a straight line after driving it both on the street and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and our gut feeling was backed up after Motor Trend put up some impressive test numbers – 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3 seconds @ 115.8 mph. We’re guessing that those numbers are just about as good as they get with the Boss 302 in stock form, but what happens if you strap on a set of drag radials to the car? Someone has done just that, and the numbers are incredibly impressive. After launching with a 1.69 60 foot time, the completely stock Boss 302 knocked out the quarter mile in just 11.72 seconds at 117.2 mph.
Need proof? Check out the video below.
- Live photos of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 from Laguna Seca
- Ford releases new photos of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Inside Look: Why the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 isn't just a sticker and wheel package
- Video: The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does a virtual 1/4 mile run
- Dates announced, registration open for Boss Track Attack Days at Miller Motorsports Park
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- Ford offering personalized prints to 2012 Mustang Boss 302 owners
- The Boss is back! Ford officially unveils 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Sport Auto tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 priced at $40,995, Laguna Seca Package at $47,990