Video: Stock 2012 Mustang Boss 302 runs 11.7 @ 117 mph
We knew the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 was fast in a straight line after driving it both on the street and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and our gut feeling was backed up after Motor Trend put up some impressive test numbers – 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 12.3 seconds @ 115.8 mph. We’re guessing that those numbers are just about as good as they get with the Boss 302 in stock form, but what happens if you strap on a set of drag radials to the car? Someone has done just that, and the numbers are incredibly impressive. After launching with a 1.69 60 foot time, the completely stock Boss 302 knocked out the quarter mile in just 11.72 seconds at 117.2 mph.
Need proof? Check out the video below.
- Six Figure Stang: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca on eBay with $108,499 price tag
- New Product: Airaid Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Intake System for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002 up for auction on eBay
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- The 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 440-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 in detail
- Inside Look: Why the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 isn't just a sticker and wheel package
- Forbes reviews the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- How one lucky Mustang enthusiast bought Boss 302 #0001
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at the Detroit Auto Show