Photo Gallery: One-of-One Red Iacocca 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang
In the summer of 2009 Lee Iacocca unveiled perhaps the most unique aftermarket Mustang ever built. Named the Silver 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang, this custom pony car featured unique bodywork done by legendary coachbuilder Metalcrafters and a luxurious interior with Diamond Design leather trim throughout. Just 45 examples were available for purchase at a starting price of $89,950 exclusively through Galpin Ford in Van Nuys, CA. All of the Mustangs were painted in a beautiful Silver hue unique to the car.
Or so we thought. Two of the Iacocca Mustangs that came out of Metalcrafters facility were actually painted in Candy Apple Red and Black, both of which were custom ordered by Galpin Ford for their own private collection. The one-off Mustangs were never offered for sale, although Galpin says that if the right offer came in they would consider parting ways with either.
Galpin was kind enough to take the red Iacocca Mustang out of their collection for a photoshoot. Enjoy the exclusive images in the gallery below, and let us know in the comments below whether the Iacocca Mustang looks better in red or silver.
Photos ©2011 MustangsDaily.com
- Galpin Ford claims title as largest Mustang dealer for 2011
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom 1969 Mustang live at SEMA
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut
- Custom 2011 Mustang auctioned off to benefit the Tony Hawk Foundation
- 2013 Mustangs arriving at Ford dealerships
- SEMA 2011: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- Galpin Auto Sports 2011 Mustang Convertible Hardtop in detail
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Galpin/SPX Widebody Mustang sells for $160,000
- Galpin Auto Sports building custom Boss 429-inspired Mustang for charity
- 2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends