Photo Gallery: One-of-One Red Iacocca 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang
In the summer of 2009 Lee Iacocca unveiled perhaps the most unique aftermarket Mustang ever built. Named the Silver 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang, this custom pony car featured unique bodywork done by legendary coachbuilder Metalcrafters and a luxurious interior with Diamond Design leather trim throughout. Just 45 examples were available for purchase at a starting price of $89,950 exclusively through Galpin Ford in Van Nuys, CA. All of the Mustangs were painted in a beautiful Silver hue unique to the car.
Or so we thought. Two of the Iacocca Mustangs that came out of Metalcrafters facility were actually painted in Candy Apple Red and Black, both of which were custom ordered by Galpin Ford for their own private collection. The one-off Mustangs were never offered for sale, although Galpin says that if the right offer came in they would consider parting ways with either.
Galpin was kind enough to take the red Iacocca Mustang out of their collection for a photoshoot. Enjoy the exclusive images in the gallery below, and let us know in the comments below whether the Iacocca Mustang looks better in red or silver.
Photos ©2011 MustangsDaily.com
- Custom 2011 Mustang auctioned off to benefit the Tony Hawk Foundation
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports builds a one-off convertible hardtop 2011 Mustang
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302s arriving in dealerships
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom widebody Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports shows off custom widebody 2011 Shelby GT500
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom 1969 Mustang live at SEMA
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- Featured: Galpin Auto Sports 2010 Mustang Boss 281R
- Galpin 2010 Ford Mustang Convertible Widebody sells for $50,600 at Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody