Video: 1965 Mustang Fastback takes on Porsches at Road Atlanta
What happens when you thrown a 1965 Mustang Fastback into a mix of race-prepped Porsche Caymans on a racetrack? Not what you’d expect. We don’t exactly know why this Mustang was on track during a practice session of the Porsche Cayman Interseries at Road Atlanta last year, but it definitely makes for some entertaining video. At the beginning you expect the Mustang to get passed fairly quickly, but the driver manages to keep the duo of pursuing Porsches behind him while and even passes several other cars in the process. The Mustang is obviously modified, but its speed around is impressive regardless of what’s under the hood. It’s definitely faster in the straights, but holds its own quite well in the corners with the Porsches.
The video is a little over five minutes and definitely worth a watch. Be sure to turn up the speakers (unless you’re at work, of course).
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Alice Cooper's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $51,700
- Original owner of 1965 Mustang breaks the million mile mark
- Original owner reunites with '65 Mustang Convertible at auction
- SEMA 2011: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- Ring Brothers' 1965 Mustang "Producer" wins Goodguys 2012 Street Machine of the Year
- Video: V8TV features a turbocharged 1965 Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Lindsey Bradley's 1965 Mustang Fastback "The Silver Fox"
- Ford officially announces 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible licensed body shells
- Ford Mustang takes top three spots in class at World Challenge finale at Road Atlanta