Shelby GTS to be revealed at New York Auto Show
After a long absence from the auto show circuit – nearly fifty years – Shelby has started off 2011 with a variety of new models. The 2012 GT350 coupe and convertible were introduced at the Chicago Auto Show in February, and earlier this month it was announced that the 800 horsepower 2012 Super Snake would be unveiled at the New York Auto Show.
The Super Snake won’t be alone in the Shelby booth in New York, though, as the company announced that a “mystery car” would also be revealed. Shelby won’t make any official announcements until Thursday, but we fully expect the new model to be the GTS Mustang. We got our first look at the Shelby GTS back in August as part of several vehicles that the company was considering for the future including the Code Red GT500.
So what can we expect from the Shelby GTS? Designed as an introductory model below the GT350, the GTS package would be based on either the Mustang GT or V6 and cost just $9,000 to $12,000. Items like a new hood, front and rear fascia, Baer brakes, handling package and Borla exhaust system would come standard, with items like a supercharger system (Whipple for the GT and ProCharger for the V6), watts-link, Goodyear tires, custom interior and more would be available as options.
We’ll have official details for you on Thursday, so stay tuned for our live coverage from the New York Auto Show.
- eBay Find: Black-on-Black 2012 Shelby GTS
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GTS
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby Mustang 45th anniversary celebrated at the Quail Motorsports Gathering
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- 2011 Shelby GT350 auction raises $200,000 for charity
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack