Shelby GTS to be revealed at New York Auto Show
After a long absence from the auto show circuit – nearly fifty years – Shelby has started off 2011 with a variety of new models. The 2012 GT350 coupe and convertible were introduced at the Chicago Auto Show in February, and earlier this month it was announced that the 800 horsepower 2012 Super Snake would be unveiled at the New York Auto Show.
The Super Snake won’t be alone in the Shelby booth in New York, though, as the company announced that a “mystery car” would also be revealed. Shelby won’t make any official announcements until Thursday, but we fully expect the new model to be the GTS Mustang. We got our first look at the Shelby GTS back in August as part of several vehicles that the company was considering for the future including the Code Red GT500.
So what can we expect from the Shelby GTS? Designed as an introductory model below the GT350, the GTS package would be based on either the Mustang GT or V6 and cost just $9,000 to $12,000. Items like a new hood, front and rear fascia, Baer brakes, handling package and Borla exhaust system would come standard, with items like a supercharger system (Whipple for the GT and ProCharger for the V6), watts-link, Goodyear tires, custom interior and more would be available as options.
We’ll have official details for you on Thursday, so stay tuned for our live coverage from the New York Auto Show.
- Shelby to unveil 2012 GT350 at the Chicago Auto Show
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Shelby unveils 2013 GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- SEMA 2010: Corsa announces 2011 Shelby GT500 exhaust system
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GTS Anniversary Edition
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, original 1967 Shelby GT500 sells for $192,500
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Historic 1965 Shelby GT350 R up for auction in January