Spy Photo: Is this the 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 or Shelby GT500?
Spy photographers have caught what appears to be a 2013 Ford Mustang roaming the streets of Dearborn, and Inside Line believes that the camouflaged pony car could either be the next Shelby GT500 or Boss 302. The prototype has some features of both cars – the overall shape of the hood and grille are most definitely from the current GT500, while the driving light blanks look similar to those in the Boss 302. Some of the styling features, though, are all new. The hood features two longitudinal intakes instead of the single horizontal intake on the existing GT500, and the lower intake is significantly smaller than the current one.
Whether this Mustang prototype is the 2013 Shelby GT500, Boss 302 or something else, we should find out relatively soon. Ford should unveil the revised 2013 Mustang before the end of the year, perhaps at the L.A. Auto Show in November.
[Source: Inside Line]
- Complete 2013 Mustang Lineup Overview
- Official 2013 Mustang Boss 302 colors leaked?
- 2013 Mustang Boss 302 revealed with new look, tech and colors
- Video: Ford releases 2013 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 b-roll footage
- Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang caught in Gotta Have It Green
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow
- 2013 Mustang Boss 302 added to Forza 4's August Car Pack
- 2013 Mustang Boss 302 design and colors revealed on SPEED TV
- The 2013 Ford Mustang lineup officially debuts in Los Angeles (with video)
- One-off 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 to be raffled off for charity at Woodward Dream Cruise