Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
Ford Racing has announced the availability of the Boss 302 crate engine, part #M-6007-M50B, allowing individuals to install the 444 horsepower 5.0L V8 into their own project cars. The engine features many upgrades over the standard 5.0L V8 including CNC-machined cylinder heads, upgraded air intake manifold, forged aluminum pistons, stronger connecting rods and more. Custom wiring and calibration is required, as the vehicle harness and power control module is not included.
The downside is pricing. Ford Racing lists the Boss 302 crate engine at $11,999.00, while the standard 5.0L Coyote V8 crate engine is $6,999.00. Is the Boss 302 engine worth the extra $5,000? That’s a tough call.
Boss 302 5.0L V8 Crate Engine Features:
- 11.0:1 compression ratio
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Features large sump 8.5 qt oil pan with revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under hard cornering
- Revised composite intake system with shorter runners, inspired by Ford Racing’s Daytona Prototype engine program
- 80 mm single bore “drive by wire” throttlebody
- High-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers for exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque
- Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved heat dissipation
- Forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods for improved strength
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Boss 302 crate engine shown with optional Ford blue coil pack covers FRPP part # : M-6P067-M50B and NVH insulator pads, Ford dealer part # :CR3Z-6N041-A. sold separately.
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
- Video: Corsa shows off new exhaust system for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Dates announced, registration open for Boss Track Attack Days at Miller Motorsports Park
- eBay Find: Totaled 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to serve as pace car for final NASCAR Nationwide race of the season
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Package at the L.A. Auto Show
- Ford releases new photos of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Motor Trend tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, does 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds
- Video: Justin Bell takes on Mulholland Drive in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Win a copy of the book 'Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car'
- Video: Fifth Gear tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 at Le Mans