Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
Ford Racing has announced the availability of the Boss 302 crate engine, part #M-6007-M50B, allowing individuals to install the 444 horsepower 5.0L V8 into their own project cars. The engine features many upgrades over the standard 5.0L V8 including CNC-machined cylinder heads, upgraded air intake manifold, forged aluminum pistons, stronger connecting rods and more. Custom wiring and calibration is required, as the vehicle harness and power control module is not included.
The downside is pricing. Ford Racing lists the Boss 302 crate engine at $11,999.00, while the standard 5.0L Coyote V8 crate engine is $6,999.00. Is the Boss 302 engine worth the extra $5,000? That’s a tough call.
Boss 302 5.0L V8 Crate Engine Features:
- 11.0:1 compression ratio
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Features large sump 8.5 qt oil pan with revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under hard cornering
- Revised composite intake system with shorter runners, inspired by Ford Racing’s Daytona Prototype engine program
- 80 mm single bore “drive by wire” throttlebody
- High-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers for exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque
- Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved heat dissipation
- Forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods for improved strength
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Boss 302 crate engine shown with optional Ford blue coil pack covers FRPP part # : M-6P067-M50B and NVH insulator pads, Ford dealer part # :CR3Z-6N041-A. sold separately.
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
- New Product: Ford Racing 5.0L Aluminum Race Block
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- New Product: Ford Racing 2-piece 15-inch rotor upgrade for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- New Product: Ford Racing Mustang Gauge Pack
- Ford Racing announces the 2012 Mustang Competition Roller
- Ford Racing adds two new wheel options for the S197 Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Manifold for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- 2013 Ford Mustang Competition Kit now available from Ford Racing
- Ford Racing to attempt half-mile speed record with supercharged 2011 Mustang GT
- New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang