Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
Ford Racing has announced the availability of the Boss 302 crate engine, part #M-6007-M50B, allowing individuals to install the 444 horsepower 5.0L V8 into their own project cars. The engine features many upgrades over the standard 5.0L V8 including CNC-machined cylinder heads, upgraded air intake manifold, forged aluminum pistons, stronger connecting rods and more. Custom wiring and calibration is required, as the vehicle harness and power control module is not included.
The downside is pricing. Ford Racing lists the Boss 302 crate engine at $11,999.00, while the standard 5.0L Coyote V8 crate engine is $6,999.00. Is the Boss 302 engine worth the extra $5,000? That’s a tough call.
Boss 302 5.0L V8 Crate Engine Features:
- 11.0:1 compression ratio
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Features large sump 8.5 qt oil pan with revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under hard cornering
- Revised composite intake system with shorter runners, inspired by Ford Racing’s Daytona Prototype engine program
- 80 mm single bore “drive by wire” throttlebody
- High-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers for exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque
- Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved heat dissipation
- Forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods for improved strength
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Boss 302 crate engine shown with optional Ford blue coil pack covers FRPP part # : M-6P067-M50B and NVH insulator pads, Ford dealer part # :CR3Z-6N041-A. sold separately.
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 lineup
- New Product: Airaid Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Intake System for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca runs an 11.9 @ 124 mph
- Video: First 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in the 10's
- Video: Hennessey builds first supercharged Boss 302 Laguna Seca with 563 rwhp
- Win a copy of the book 'Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car'
- eBay Find: Totaled 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at the Detroit Auto Show
- Video: Road & Track tests the Boss 302 at Laguna Seca
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000