Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
Ford Racing has announced the availability of the Boss 302 crate engine, part #M-6007-M50B, allowing individuals to install the 444 horsepower 5.0L V8 into their own project cars. The engine features many upgrades over the standard 5.0L V8 including CNC-machined cylinder heads, upgraded air intake manifold, forged aluminum pistons, stronger connecting rods and more. Custom wiring and calibration is required, as the vehicle harness and power control module is not included.
The downside is pricing. Ford Racing lists the Boss 302 crate engine at $11,999.00, while the standard 5.0L Coyote V8 crate engine is $6,999.00. Is the Boss 302 engine worth the extra $5,000? That’s a tough call.
Boss 302 5.0L V8 Crate Engine Features:
- 11.0:1 compression ratio
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Features large sump 8.5 qt oil pan with revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under hard cornering
- Revised composite intake system with shorter runners, inspired by Ford Racing’s Daytona Prototype engine program
- 80 mm single bore “drive by wire” throttlebody
- High-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers for exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque
- Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved heat dissipation
- Forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods for improved strength
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Boss 302 crate engine shown with optional Ford blue coil pack covers FRPP part # : M-6P067-M50B and NVH insulator pads, Ford dealer part # :CR3Z-6N041-A. sold separately.
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces winner of 75th Anniversary 2013 Ford Mustang GT
- New Product: Ford Racing Side Exhaust Kit for the 2010 Mustang GT
- Ford Racing to sell the Boss 302 intake manifold through FRPP catalog
- New Product: Ford Racing Boss 302S Wheel
- New Product: Ford Racing TVS Supercharger Upgrade Kit for the 2007-2012 Shelby GT500
- 50 Ford Racing parts for the 5.0 Mustang
- New Product: NMRA Coyote Stock Sealed 5.0L V8 Crate Engine
- Select Shelby GT500KR parts now available from Ford Racing
- New Product: Ford Racing Rear Seat Delete Kit and X-Brace for the 2011+ Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing 5.0L DOHC Aluminator Crate Engine