Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom
Classic Recreations of Yukon, Oklahoma first announced it would be building the Shelby GT500CR at SEMA in 2009. The GT500CR was the best of both worlds with the classic good looks of the original Shelbys combined with the performance of a 545 horsepower V8 and modern suspension system. Now Classic Recreations is taking it a step further with the introduction of the Shelby GT500 CR Venom. The new high performance model pairs a ProCharger F1-R centrifugal supercharger with the 427ci V8 to produce a tire-shredding 780 horsepower.
In addition to the supercharged engine, the suspension has been upgraded, larger brakes fitted, and wider wheels and tires have been added to handle the extra horsepower. Inside, race-style bucket seats, a 200 mph speedometer, and Venom badging have been added to the standard GT500CR components.
Click here to see specs, or check out photos and a video of the Shelby GT500CR Venom below.
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Classic Recreations reveals first GT500CR in Las Vegas
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations announces GT500CR Convertible
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip