Video: Contestants on SPEED’s Pass Time severely underestimate a Roush supercharged 2011 Mustang
If you’ve never seen the show Pass Time on SPEED TV, it essentially pits a trio of contestants against one another who have to guess the 1/4 mile time of various cars for cash prizes. Just a little bit of info on each car is given, and it takes a good amount of broad automotive knowledge to estimate what kind of time slip the car will bring home.
During a recent filming of the show, contestants had to guess the 1/4 mile time of a 2011 Mustang fitted with a Roush supercharger putting out nine pounds of boost and a set of racing slicks. Both the host and the contestants are fooled by the quietness of the car, and it seems that no one thinks the car’s performance will be impressive. One even estimates a time of 14.01 seconds, something a current 2011 Mustang V6 can pull off fairly easily on street tires. So how far off were they? Check out the video below.
- New Product: SLP Loud Mouth and PowerFlo exhaust systems for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- FAST XFI controller now available for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Video: Everything you wanted to know about Borla's exhaust systems for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Video: Motortrend pits the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 against the BMW M3
- Ford Mustang the most searched new car of 2010 on AutoTrader.com
- Video: 2011 Mustang GT breaks into the 11s with just a Steeda cold air intake
- Ford asking Facebook fans to name the new 2012 Mustang V6 Performance Package
- SEMA 2010: MagnaCharger debuts supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang
- Steeda announces new axle-back exhaust for the 2011 Mustang GT
- 2011 Ford Mustang GT named one of Car and Driver's 10 Best for 2011