Video: Contestants on SPEED’s Pass Time severely underestimate a Roush supercharged 2011 Mustang
If you’ve never seen the show Pass Time on SPEED TV, it essentially pits a trio of contestants against one another who have to guess the 1/4 mile time of various cars for cash prizes. Just a little bit of info on each car is given, and it takes a good amount of broad automotive knowledge to estimate what kind of time slip the car will bring home.
During a recent filming of the show, contestants had to guess the 1/4 mile time of a 2011 Mustang fitted with a Roush supercharger putting out nine pounds of boost and a set of racing slicks. Both the host and the contestants are fooled by the quietness of the car, and it seems that no one thinks the car’s performance will be impressive. One even estimates a time of 14.01 seconds, something a current 2011 Mustang V6 can pull off fairly easily on street tires. So how far off were they? Check out the video below.
- SEMA Preview: MagnaCharger to debut new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang
- Video: Motortrend pits the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 against the BMW M3
- Roush releases first photos of 2011 Stage 2 Mustang
- ProCharger officially announces details, pricing for 2011 Mustang 5.0 supercharger system
- New Product: Livernois Motorsports Stage 1 heads for the 2011 Mustang GT
- New Product: Lethal Performance 3.5-inch aluminum driveshaft for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- SEMA 2010: Edelbrock announces new E-Force supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- New Product: Pypes 3-inch cat-back "Super System" exhaust system for the 2011 Mustang
- Motor Trend names the 2011 Mustang GT as one the most impressive cars of 2010
- Video: Everything you wanted to know about Borla's exhaust systems for the 2011 Mustang 5.0