2014 Mustang gets rendered, new details revealed
Rumors and conjectures regarding the upcoming 2014 Mustang have been cropping up for some time now, but it’s rare that we ever get some visuals to go with the details. Fortunately British car magazine Auto Express has come up with two renderings of what they think the 2014 Mustang might look like to go along with some new info about the car. The images show a slightly smaller and lighter car than the current Mustang with modern styling elements to go along with classic features such as the triple-lens taillights.
Auto Express also published quite a bit of details about what to expect from the 2014 Mustang, although some of the information is old news. For example, it’s been known for quite some time now that the redesigned Mustang will be built on a global platform and have styling input from Ford’s various design studios around the world. However, they did have some new info that’s quite interesting if it turns out to be true. The magazine’s sources say that the Mustang will be sold in more parts of the world and that a right-hand-drive version will be offered in places like the UK, Japan and Australia. Finally, the magazine says that an independent suspension will replace the solid rear axle (something that would be required of a global vehicle), and an EcoBoost four-cylinder engine could be a possibility.
We’ll be sure to bring you more details about the 2014 Mustang as they become available, so stay tuned!
[Source: Auto Express]
- 2014 Ford Mustang and Shelby GT500 order guides released, no more Boss 302
- Five reasons why Ford should have built a 2014 Mustang Boss 351
- 2014 Ford Mustang configurator goes live
- 2014 Ford Mustang, Shelby GT500 pricing released
- The 2014 Mustang with the new FP6 Appearance Package is one hot pony car
- 2014 Mustang to get new colors, options
- Turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang to make a return in 2015?
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Roush announces updated Mustang lineup for 2014 including Aluminator engine option
- 2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet announced with new colors, features