Shelby to once again partner with Hertz for rent-a-racer Mustang?
Shelby and the Hertz rental car company have paired up successfully in the past, allowing customers to rent Shelby Mustangs both in 1966 and once again forty years later in 2006. According to Auto Week, the two might be working on yet another rent-a-racer based on the new Mustang 5.0 that would coincide with Shelby’s 50th anniversary. Hertz currently offers the Mustang GT in its lineup as part of the Adrenaline Collection.
While details of the project have yet to be finalized, expect new upcoming Shelby GT-H to feature many of the same components as the Shelby GTS that was introduced at the New York Auto Show earlier this year. The GTS features a Ford Racing suspension system, Borla exhaust system, Baer brakes and an appearance package that includes a deep-draw hood, black billet upper grille and unique front fascia. As with the previous Hertz Mustangs, the newer versions will likely be painted black with gold stripes.
[Source: Auto Week]
- Hertz adds the Mustang GT to its rental fleets
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- SVT celebrates its 20th anniversary
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Live photos of the 2012 Shelby GT350 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds
- First annual Carroll Shelby Tribute and Car Show announced for next month
- Reggie Jackson's 1965 Shelby GT350 going up for auction