Shelby to once again partner with Hertz for rent-a-racer Mustang?
Shelby and the Hertz rental car company have paired up successfully in the past, allowing customers to rent Shelby Mustangs both in 1966 and once again forty years later in 2006. According to Auto Week, the two might be working on yet another rent-a-racer based on the new Mustang 5.0 that would coincide with Shelby’s 50th anniversary. Hertz currently offers the Mustang GT in its lineup as part of the Adrenaline Collection.
While details of the project have yet to be finalized, expect new upcoming Shelby GT-H to feature many of the same components as the Shelby GTS that was introduced at the New York Auto Show earlier this year. The GTS features a Ford Racing suspension system, Borla exhaust system, Baer brakes and an appearance package that includes a deep-draw hood, black billet upper grille and unique front fascia. As with the previous Hertz Mustangs, the newer versions will likely be painted black with gold stripes.
[Source: Auto Week]
- Customized "Hertz Penske GT" Mustang added to Hertz Adrenaline Collection
- Video: The Hertz Penske GT gets wrung out on track
- Hertz adds the Mustang GT to its rental fleets
- Shelby completes first production 2011 GT350s, ready to deliver to customers
- The top 10 Shelby Mustangs of all time
- Video: Road & Track gets sideway in the 2012 Shelby 1000
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500's supercharged V8 makes Ward's 10 Best Engines list
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.