Shelby to once again partner with Hertz for rent-a-racer Mustang?
Shelby and the Hertz rental car company have paired up successfully in the past, allowing customers to rent Shelby Mustangs both in 1966 and once again forty years later in 2006. According to Auto Week, the two might be working on yet another rent-a-racer based on the new Mustang 5.0 that would coincide with Shelby’s 50th anniversary. Hertz currently offers the Mustang GT in its lineup as part of the Adrenaline Collection.
While details of the project have yet to be finalized, expect new upcoming Shelby GT-H to feature many of the same components as the Shelby GTS that was introduced at the New York Auto Show earlier this year. The GTS features a Ford Racing suspension system, Borla exhaust system, Baer brakes and an appearance package that includes a deep-draw hood, black billet upper grille and unique front fascia. As with the previous Hertz Mustangs, the newer versions will likely be painted black with gold stripes.
[Source: Auto Week]
- Customized "Hertz Penske GT" Mustang added to Hertz Adrenaline Collection
- Hertz adds the Mustang GT to its rental fleets
- Video: The Hertz Penske GT gets wrung out on track
- Shelby officially announces 2013 GT350 with new color options
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SR-71 Mustang sells for $375,000 at EAA AirVenture auction
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible