Shelby to once again partner with Hertz for rent-a-racer Mustang?
Shelby and the Hertz rental car company have paired up successfully in the past, allowing customers to rent Shelby Mustangs both in 1966 and once again forty years later in 2006. According to Auto Week, the two might be working on yet another rent-a-racer based on the new Mustang 5.0 that would coincide with Shelby’s 50th anniversary. Hertz currently offers the Mustang GT in its lineup as part of the Adrenaline Collection.
While details of the project have yet to be finalized, expect new upcoming Shelby GT-H to feature many of the same components as the Shelby GTS that was introduced at the New York Auto Show earlier this year. The GTS features a Ford Racing suspension system, Borla exhaust system, Baer brakes and an appearance package that includes a deep-draw hood, black billet upper grille and unique front fascia. As with the previous Hertz Mustangs, the newer versions will likely be painted black with gold stripes.
[Source: Auto Week]
- Customized "Hertz Penske GT" Mustang added to Hertz Adrenaline Collection
- Video: The Hertz Penske GT gets wrung out on track
- Hertz adds the Mustang GT to its rental fleets
- Yacht company proposes Shelby GT500 Super Snake Wagon
- Roush, Shelby partner up to create SR-71 Mustang for charity
- Shelby GT500 Super Snake to star in 'Getaway' movie, win your own in sweepstakes
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GTS Widebody
- 1966 Shelby GT350 SCCA B-Production Race Car nets $159,500 at RM auction
- Photo Gallery: See the first 2013 Shelby GT350 built from start to finish
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show