Classic Recreations announces GT500CR Convertible
In the muscle car realm, the 1967 Shelby GT500 Convertible is one of the rarest and most sought after collector cars of the 1960s. Never officially built, there is one original prototype car known to exist. Now there is a new option – renown custom coachbuilder Classic Recreations has announced plans to add a convertible option to its popular line of 1967 G.T.500CR continuation cars. The G.T.500CR is the only officially licensed 1967 Shelby Mustang in production, and all G.T.500CR models feature a hand-built 427 cubic inch (7.0L) engine, modern performance suspension, model specific bodywork, custom paint and hand-stitched upholstery. Every car comes with an official Shelby serial number, badges and is included in the official Shelby Worldwide Registry.
The G.T.500CR convertible will be offered in all three performance models currently available. The G.T.500CR 525 model features a 545hp fuel injected 427, built in-house at Classic Recreations using top-shelf performance parts and Mass Flo digital fuel injection. Modernized suspension, power rack and pinion steering and a Tremec five speed manual transmission add to the modern driving experience. Other features include ZR rated tires on 17×8″ Shelby 427 wheels and cross drilled Shelby/Baer brakes. The exterior is available in five different color schemes and features authentic Shelby Performance parts and a real Shelby Le Mans racing gas cap.
The G.T.500CR 545 model has all the features of the 525 model plus Carroll Shelby signature rally series 1000 seats, larger 17×9.5 rear wheels and front and rear coilover suspension for modern sports car handling. The top-tier 900S model maintains the authentic Shelby look, but boosts power to 780hp with an F1-R Intercooled ProCharger supercharged engine. Other upgrades include a 200mph speedometer and racing-style bucket seats. The 900S also boasts suspension and chassis upgrades as well as 17×11″ rear wheels and wider ultra high performance Goodyear tires. All G.T.500CR convertibles will include a hand-stitched power top.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom
- Classic Recreations reveals first GT500CR in Las Vegas
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model