Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang spotted on the streets of Dearborn
If our sources are correct the 2013 Ford Mustang should make its debut at the L.A. Auto Show with revised styling and a bump in horsepower. It’s understandable, then, that Ford would have pre-production carsout on the streets of Detroit testing the upcoming changes. A forum member over at TheMustangSource.com spotted one of those prototypes recently, and was able to snap some photos of the car in action.
Unlike the car that was caught testing back in April, this prototype features much more covering that conceals the entire lower portion of the car. While it’s hard to imagine what might be under the covers, there are a couple things that caught our eye. First, it appears that the taillights seem to go straight across the car rather than angling forward, which would match the details we received about the styling changes. Second, we noticed that the bodywork surrounding the exhaust cutouts is painted, rather than the black textured plastic that is found on the current Mustang.
We wouldn’t be surprised to see more spy photos in the next couple months until the 2013 Mustang makes its debut in Los Angeles. Until then, check out the latest batch of photos below.
[Source: The Mustang Source]
- The 2013 Ford Mustang lineup officially debuts in Los Angeles (with video)
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2012 LA Auto Show
- 2013 Ford Mustang GT Desktop Wallpaper
- 2013 Mustang Mach 1 rendered
- Build and price the 2013 Mustang...in Canada
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang GT at the L.A. Auto Show
- 2013 Ford Mustang reviews hit the web
- Vortech releases supercharger system for 2013 Mustang GT
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases images of 2013 California Special and V6 Pony Package Mustangs
- Ford releases second 2013 Mustang teaser showing new LED headlights