Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang spotted on the streets of Dearborn
If our sources are correct the 2013 Ford Mustang should make its debut at the L.A. Auto Show with revised styling and a bump in horsepower. It’s understandable, then, that Ford would have pre-production carsout on the streets of Detroit testing the upcoming changes. A forum member over at TheMustangSource.com spotted one of those prototypes recently, and was able to snap some photos of the car in action.
Unlike the car that was caught testing back in April, this prototype features much more covering that conceals the entire lower portion of the car. While it’s hard to imagine what might be under the covers, there are a couple things that caught our eye. First, it appears that the taillights seem to go straight across the car rather than angling forward, which would match the details we received about the styling changes. Second, we noticed that the bodywork surrounding the exhaust cutouts is painted, rather than the black textured plastic that is found on the current Mustang.
We wouldn’t be surprised to see more spy photos in the next couple months until the 2013 Mustang makes its debut in Los Angeles. Until then, check out the latest batch of photos below.
[Source: The Mustang Source]
- Video: Watch Big Muscle transform their 2013 Mustang GT into a track car
- Ford and SEMA teaming up for custom 2013 Mustang designed and built by women
- 2013 Ford Mustang reviews hit the web
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang in 'Gotta Have It Green'
- 2013 Mustang to be officially unveiled on November 15th
- 2013 Mustang customizer now available for iPad, iPhone and Android
- 2013 Ford Mustang pricing released
- Ford releases second 2013 Mustang teaser showing new LED headlights
- Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang caught in light camo