Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang spotted on the streets of Dearborn
If our sources are correct the 2013 Ford Mustang should make its debut at the L.A. Auto Show with revised styling and a bump in horsepower. It’s understandable, then, that Ford would have pre-production carsout on the streets of Detroit testing the upcoming changes. A forum member over at TheMustangSource.com spotted one of those prototypes recently, and was able to snap some photos of the car in action.
Unlike the car that was caught testing back in April, this prototype features much more covering that conceals the entire lower portion of the car. While it’s hard to imagine what might be under the covers, there are a couple things that caught our eye. First, it appears that the taillights seem to go straight across the car rather than angling forward, which would match the details we received about the styling changes. Second, we noticed that the bodywork surrounding the exhaust cutouts is painted, rather than the black textured plastic that is found on the current Mustang.
We wouldn’t be surprised to see more spy photos in the next couple months until the 2013 Mustang makes its debut in Los Angeles. Until then, check out the latest batch of photos below.
[Source: The Mustang Source]
- New Product: Ford Racing Brake Duct Kit for the 2013 Mustang
- 2013 Mustang Boss 302 revealed with new look, tech and colors
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang GT at the L.A. Auto Show
- Ford releases new images of the 2013 Mustang California Special
- 2013 Ford Mustang reviews hit the web
- Mustang Cobra Jet confirmed for 2013, will include 5.0-liter V8 options
- Ford unleashes 650 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford's NASCAR drivers take the 2013 Mustang lineup to Las Vegas Speedway
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model