Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang spotted on the streets of Dearborn
If our sources are correct the 2013 Ford Mustang should make its debut at the L.A. Auto Show with revised styling and a bump in horsepower. It’s understandable, then, that Ford would have pre-production carsout on the streets of Detroit testing the upcoming changes. A forum member over at TheMustangSource.com spotted one of those prototypes recently, and was able to snap some photos of the car in action.
Unlike the car that was caught testing back in April, this prototype features much more covering that conceals the entire lower portion of the car. While it’s hard to imagine what might be under the covers, there are a couple things that caught our eye. First, it appears that the taillights seem to go straight across the car rather than angling forward, which would match the details we received about the styling changes. Second, we noticed that the bodywork surrounding the exhaust cutouts is painted, rather than the black textured plastic that is found on the current Mustang.
We wouldn’t be surprised to see more spy photos in the next couple months until the 2013 Mustang makes its debut in Los Angeles. Until then, check out the latest batch of photos below.
[Source: The Mustang Source]
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang in 'Gotta Have It Green'
- 2013 Ford Mustang pricing released
- Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang caught in light camo
- Video: American Muscle tests out their new 2013 Mustang GT at the drag strip
- The 2013 Ford Mustang lineup officially debuts in Los Angeles (with video)
- Complete 2013 Mustang Lineup Overview
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- Win a 2013 Mustang customized by Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Justin Pawlak
- Motor Trend tests the 2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium
- Ford unleashes 650 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500