Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang spotted on the streets of Dearborn
If our sources are correct the 2013 Ford Mustang should make its debut at the L.A. Auto Show with revised styling and a bump in horsepower. It’s understandable, then, that Ford would have pre-production carsout on the streets of Detroit testing the upcoming changes. A forum member over at TheMustangSource.com spotted one of those prototypes recently, and was able to snap some photos of the car in action.
Unlike the car that was caught testing back in April, this prototype features much more covering that conceals the entire lower portion of the car. While it’s hard to imagine what might be under the covers, there are a couple things that caught our eye. First, it appears that the taillights seem to go straight across the car rather than angling forward, which would match the details we received about the styling changes. Second, we noticed that the bodywork surrounding the exhaust cutouts is painted, rather than the black textured plastic that is found on the current Mustang.
We wouldn’t be surprised to see more spy photos in the next couple months until the 2013 Mustang makes its debut in Los Angeles. Until then, check out the latest batch of photos below.
[Source: The Mustang Source]
- Motor Trend tests the 2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- 2013 Ford Mustang pricing released
- 2013 Mustang to be officially unveiled on November 15th
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases images of 2013 California Special and V6 Pony Package Mustangs
- Road Test: 2013 Ford Mustang GT
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang GT at the L.A. Auto Show
- Video: American Muscle tests out their new 2013 Mustang GT at the drag strip
- Ford unleashes 650 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500