Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang spotted on the streets of Dearborn
If our sources are correct the 2013 Ford Mustang should make its debut at the L.A. Auto Show with revised styling and a bump in horsepower. It’s understandable, then, that Ford would have pre-production carsout on the streets of Detroit testing the upcoming changes. A forum member over at TheMustangSource.com spotted one of those prototypes recently, and was able to snap some photos of the car in action.
Unlike the car that was caught testing back in April, this prototype features much more covering that conceals the entire lower portion of the car. While it’s hard to imagine what might be under the covers, there are a couple things that caught our eye. First, it appears that the taillights seem to go straight across the car rather than angling forward, which would match the details we received about the styling changes. Second, we noticed that the bodywork surrounding the exhaust cutouts is painted, rather than the black textured plastic that is found on the current Mustang.
We wouldn’t be surprised to see more spy photos in the next couple months until the 2013 Mustang makes its debut in Los Angeles. Until then, check out the latest batch of photos below.
[Source: The Mustang Source]
- Ford provides first sneak peek of the 2013 Mustang
- 2013 Ford Mustang reviews hit the web
- Video: 2013 Mustang fitted with a Pypes exhaust system
- 2013 Mustang to be officially unveiled on November 15th
- Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang caught in light camo
- Ford releases second 2013 Mustang teaser showing new LED headlights
- 2013 Ford Mustang pricing released
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- 2013 Ford Mustang GT Desktop Wallpaper
- Video: Ford releases 2013 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 b-roll footage