New photos reveal 2013 Mustang LCD screen with Gauge Mode and Track App
We previously revealed that the Mustang Boss 302 would be getting more technology for 2013 including SYNC and a new 4.2-inch LCD screen between the gauges. That LCD screen will be making its way into the standard Mustang as well, and it’s a whole lot cooler than we ever could have expected.
A new batch of photos showing a poster, apparently intended for dealer training, reveal that the LCD screen will have numerous features including a ‘Gauge Mode’ and a ‘Track App’. The Gauge Mode will offer fairly standard features like trip and fuel economy displays, but it will also have advanced features that provide the car’s air/fuel ratio, boost/vacuum, cylinder head temperature, inlet air temperature and more. The Track App allows drivers to track acceleration times – 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 0-1/8 mile and 0-1/4 mile – with an automatic or countdown start. There is also an accelerometer and a setting that records braking performance.
In addition to the LCD screen, it’s expected that the 2013 Mustang will receive a significant styling update with design cues similar to the Shelby GT500, along with a slight bump in horsepower to put it more align with the Chevrolet Camaro SS.
You can see the screen shots of the 2013 Mustang’s LCD screen in the gallery below.
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- 2013 Roush Stage 3 Mustang to have 565 horsepower, 505 lb-ft torque
- Photo Gallery: Brenspeed's 2013 Mustang drag car gets the Roush treatment
- Pick the winner of 30 consecutive sports games and win a 2013 Ford Mustang V6
- Video: Ford shows off the 2013 Mustang's Track Apps
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases images of 2013 California Special and V6 Pony Package Mustangs
- Video: Watch a sneak peek of the Alcatraz Bullitt car chase remake
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. unveils new Mustang for 2012 Formula Drift season
- Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing Brake Duct Kit for the 2013 Mustang