Boss 302 TracKey availability to be announced at SEMA
After months of waiting, owners of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 are finally close to getting their hands on the TracKey. The unique secondary key, available for purchase from authorized Ford Racing dealers, unlocks a secondary PCM module in the Boss 302 that changes more than 300 parameters including eliminating skip-shift, creating a lopey idle and allowing drivers to use a launch control program. The TracKey had initially been delayed after problems arose in obtaining a certification from the California Air Resources Board, but Ford Racing says that they have been working with CARB closely to ensure that the issues get settled as soon as possible and will make an official announcement on the availability in a few weeks at SEMA. Here is the statement that Ford Racing released today:
Thank you for your interest in our new TracKey technology.
Ford Racing and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) have been working closely to ensure that TracKey achieves certification as quickly as possible.
We are happy to report that the testing is completed and Ford Racing will announce the availability of TracKey at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas on November 2.
We recognize that there is great anticipation for this exciting product and wanted to share this news with you ahead of the SEMA Show.
Thank you for your patience,
Ford Racing Performance Team
[Source: Ford Racing]
- Photo Gallery: Trans-Am Mustangs at the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Video: Corsa shows off new exhaust system for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Ford Racing officially announces TracKey is 50-state legal, available starting today
- Ford dealers to receive limited allocations of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- SEMA 2012: Steeda Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- SEMA 2010: Matching Boss 302 Mustangs to be raffled to benefit the Healing Heroes Network
- Hennessey Performance releases details for HPE700 package for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- TracKey available for 2013 Mustang Boss 302 starting May 1st
- Road Test: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 receives MotorWeek's "Best of the Year" Drivers' Choice Award