Boss 302 TracKey availability to be announced at SEMA
After months of waiting, owners of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 are finally close to getting their hands on the TracKey. The unique secondary key, available for purchase from authorized Ford Racing dealers, unlocks a secondary PCM module in the Boss 302 that changes more than 300 parameters including eliminating skip-shift, creating a lopey idle and allowing drivers to use a launch control program. The TracKey had initially been delayed after problems arose in obtaining a certification from the California Air Resources Board, but Ford Racing says that they have been working with CARB closely to ensure that the issues get settled as soon as possible and will make an official announcement on the availability in a few weeks at SEMA. Here is the statement that Ford Racing released today:
Thank you for your interest in our new TracKey technology.
Ford Racing and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) have been working closely to ensure that TracKey achieves certification as quickly as possible.
We are happy to report that the testing is completed and Ford Racing will announce the availability of TracKey at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas on November 2.
We recognize that there is great anticipation for this exciting product and wanted to share this news with you ahead of the SEMA Show.
Thank you for your patience,
Ford Racing Performance Team
[Source: Ford Racing]
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
- Autoweek's editors review the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- The Mustang Boss 302's 5.0L V8 named to Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2012
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to serve as pace car for final NASCAR Nationwide race of the season
- Steeda announces certified Mustang Boss 302 program
- How one lucky Mustang enthusiast bought Boss 302 #0001
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302s arriving in dealerships
- Photo Gallery: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Video: Justin Bell takes on Mulholland Drive in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- New Product: Mustang Boss 302 Electric Exhaust Cutouts from Quick Time Performance