Boss 302 TracKey availability to be announced at SEMA
After months of waiting, owners of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 are finally close to getting their hands on the TracKey. The unique secondary key, available for purchase from authorized Ford Racing dealers, unlocks a secondary PCM module in the Boss 302 that changes more than 300 parameters including eliminating skip-shift, creating a lopey idle and allowing drivers to use a launch control program. The TracKey had initially been delayed after problems arose in obtaining a certification from the California Air Resources Board, but Ford Racing says that they have been working with CARB closely to ensure that the issues get settled as soon as possible and will make an official announcement on the availability in a few weeks at SEMA. Here is the statement that Ford Racing released today:
Thank you for your interest in our new TracKey technology.
Ford Racing and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) have been working closely to ensure that TracKey achieves certification as quickly as possible.
We are happy to report that the testing is completed and Ford Racing will announce the availability of TracKey at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas on November 2.
We recognize that there is great anticipation for this exciting product and wanted to share this news with you ahead of the SEMA Show.
Thank you for your patience,
Ford Racing Performance Team
[Source: Ford Racing]
- SEMA 2010: Kenne Bell offers first look at its 2011 Mustang supercharger, announces pricing
- SEMA 2013: Creations n' Chrome debuts Top Notch Mustang v2.0
- SEMA 2013: Ryan Venturine's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon"
- Dynacorn to show off officially licensed 1965-1966 Mustang body shell at SEMA
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces Stage 2 supercharger system for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang 'Blizzard'
- Creations n' Chrome previews Coyote-powered Fox Body Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- Classic Design Concepts fully reveals 'Bad Penny' Mustang
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang by Stitchcraft