Boss 302 TracKey availability to be announced at SEMA
After months of waiting, owners of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 are finally close to getting their hands on the TracKey. The unique secondary key, available for purchase from authorized Ford Racing dealers, unlocks a secondary PCM module in the Boss 302 that changes more than 300 parameters including eliminating skip-shift, creating a lopey idle and allowing drivers to use a launch control program. The TracKey had initially been delayed after problems arose in obtaining a certification from the California Air Resources Board, but Ford Racing says that they have been working with CARB closely to ensure that the issues get settled as soon as possible and will make an official announcement on the availability in a few weeks at SEMA. Here is the statement that Ford Racing released today:
Thank you for your interest in our new TracKey technology.
Ford Racing and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) have been working closely to ensure that TracKey achieves certification as quickly as possible.
We are happy to report that the testing is completed and Ford Racing will announce the availability of TracKey at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas on November 2.
We recognize that there is great anticipation for this exciting product and wanted to share this news with you ahead of the SEMA Show.
Thank you for your patience,
Ford Racing Performance Team
[Source: Ford Racing]
- New Product: Ford Racing 2010+ Mustang front splitter kit
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in Performance White
- Traxxas to produce 1/16 radio-controlled Mustang Boss 302
- Win a copy of the book 'Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car'
- Video: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca runs an 11.9 @ 124 mph
- eBay Find: Totaled 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Photo Gallery: The 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 at the L.A. Auto Show
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
- Video: Hennessey builds first supercharged Boss 302 Laguna Seca with 563 rwhp