Boss 302 TracKey availability to be announced at SEMA
After months of waiting, owners of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 are finally close to getting their hands on the TracKey. The unique secondary key, available for purchase from authorized Ford Racing dealers, unlocks a secondary PCM module in the Boss 302 that changes more than 300 parameters including eliminating skip-shift, creating a lopey idle and allowing drivers to use a launch control program. The TracKey had initially been delayed after problems arose in obtaining a certification from the California Air Resources Board, but Ford Racing says that they have been working with CARB closely to ensure that the issues get settled as soon as possible and will make an official announcement on the availability in a few weeks at SEMA. Here is the statement that Ford Racing released today:
Thank you for your interest in our new TracKey technology.
Ford Racing and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) have been working closely to ensure that TracKey achieves certification as quickly as possible.
We are happy to report that the testing is completed and Ford Racing will announce the availability of TracKey at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas on November 2.
We recognize that there is great anticipation for this exciting product and wanted to share this news with you ahead of the SEMA Show.
Thank you for your patience,
Ford Racing Performance Team
[Source: Ford Racing]
- Ring Brothers to debut NASCAR-powered 1965 Mustang at SEMA
- SEMA 2013: TCI Engineering 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2010: Matching Boss 302 Mustangs to be raffled to benefit the Healing Heroes Network
- SEMA 2010: Dynacorn previews its 1965-1966 Mustang body shell
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports builds a one-off convertible hardtop 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: K&N debuts Blackhawk Induction Intake for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- 2013 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom 1969 Mustang live at SEMA
- SEMA 2011: Tjin Edition Mustang Convertible
- Ford Racing unleashes twin-turbo Cobra Jet Concept