Autoweek’s editors review the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
Autoweek recently got their hands on a 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to review, and the magazine’s editors have chimed in with their thoughts on Autoweek.com. For the most part the Boss 302 received high praises for everything from the 5.0-liter V8 to the suspension tuning.
Editor Wes Raynal comments, “This is one hell of an engine–smooth and with gobs of power and torque (and amazingly quiet at idle), and I love the short-throw shifter.” He continued “if $44,000 landed in my lap today, off to the Ford dealership I’d go.”
Senior Motorsports Editor Mac Morrison had similar feelings. “This would be the perfect Mustang for me: smashing power and torque, a ‘hell yeah’ exhaust note, a great driving position and an on-the-throttle demeanor that made me happy in both tire-smoking straight lines and through corners. The overall package is just right for most applications, especially on public roads, and I found myself thinking that the Boss 302 hits such an excellent sweet spot between the Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500. Frankly, I started to forget those versions exist.”
Associate Editor David Arnouts wasn’t as impressed, citing the Boss 302′s price tag as his main concern. “Is it a great car? Yes, it is. Is it a performer? Absolutely. Do I want one? Yes, but not for this kind of money. But the Mustang Boss 302 would be a welcome addition to the garage of someone who has the pocketbook and is looking for a great seasonal weekend sports car.”
You can read the full article here.
- Dealer asking $99,000 for 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca pre-order on eBay
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Package at the L.A. Auto Show
- New Product: Airaid Parnelli Jones Carbon Fiber Intake System for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca to contend for Motor Trend's 'Best Driver's Car' title
- A look at the underside of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in Performance White
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 lineup
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at the Detroit Auto Show
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
- SPEED TV to air special show about the making of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302