SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
Galpin Auto Sports has a long history of debuting impressive custom cars at SEMA, and this year looks to be no exception. Their latest project, which we caught still being built at their Van Nuys facility, is this widebody 2012 Mustang Boss 302 dubbed the Boss 302-X. The handmade steel widebody panels and custom orange paint are no doubt the first thing to catch your eye, but the car is just as impressive underneath the skin. A ProCharger supercharger system has been installed, and Galpin tells us that the 5.0-liter V8 now produces somewhere around 780 horsepower. To fill out the body kit Galpin has fitted a set of 20-inch Forgiato wheels wrapped with Pirelli P Zero tires, 295/30ZR20 front and 335/30ZR20 rear. The car also features a full roll cage painted to match the car, a Borla ATAK exhaust system and is set to receive the Laguna Seca front splitter and rear wing.
We’ll have more photos and details of the completed widebody Boss 302 when it debuts at SEMA next week, but until then check out our photos of the car in the gallery below.
Photos © 2011 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca runs an 11.9 @ 124 mph
- Video: Sport Auto tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 laps Laguna Seca
- Automobile Magazine features the 2012 Boss 302 and the 10 greatest Mustangs ever
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 wins Cars.com's 'Play Car of the Year'
- Photo Gallery: Hennessey Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Texas Mustang Boss 302 owners meet up for largest gathering yet
- A look inside the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 444 horsepower V8
- Forbes reviews the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Corsa shows off new exhaust system for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302