SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
Galpin Auto Sports has a long history of debuting impressive custom cars at SEMA, and this year looks to be no exception. Their latest project, which we caught still being built at their Van Nuys facility, is this widebody 2012 Mustang Boss 302 dubbed the Boss 302-X. The handmade steel widebody panels and custom orange paint are no doubt the first thing to catch your eye, but the car is just as impressive underneath the skin. A ProCharger supercharger system has been installed, and Galpin tells us that the 5.0-liter V8 now produces somewhere around 780 horsepower. To fill out the body kit Galpin has fitted a set of 20-inch Forgiato wheels wrapped with Pirelli P Zero tires, 295/30ZR20 front and 335/30ZR20 rear. The car also features a full roll cage painted to match the car, a Borla ATAK exhaust system and is set to receive the Laguna Seca front splitter and rear wing.
We’ll have more photos and details of the completed widebody Boss 302 when it debuts at SEMA next week, but until then check out our photos of the car in the gallery below.
Photos © 2011 MustangsDaily.com
- Ford Racing to offer select Boss 302 parts in the FRPP catalog
- Six Figure Stang: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca on eBay with $108,499 price tag
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 makes 416 rwhp on the dyno
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302s arriving in dealerships
- Video: Stock 2012 Mustang Boss 302 runs 11.7 @ 117 mph
- How do car seats fit in the Mustang Boss 302? Cars.com finds out
- Video: First 2012 Mustang Boss 302 in the 10's
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to serve as pace car for final NASCAR Nationwide race of the season
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0001 for sale on eBay
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to come with dual set of keys for both street and track calibrations