SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
Galpin Auto Sports has a long history of debuting impressive custom cars at SEMA, and this year looks to be no exception. Their latest project, which we caught still being built at their Van Nuys facility, is this widebody 2012 Mustang Boss 302 dubbed the Boss 302-X. The handmade steel widebody panels and custom orange paint are no doubt the first thing to catch your eye, but the car is just as impressive underneath the skin. A ProCharger supercharger system has been installed, and Galpin tells us that the 5.0-liter V8 now produces somewhere around 780 horsepower. To fill out the body kit Galpin has fitted a set of 20-inch Forgiato wheels wrapped with Pirelli P Zero tires, 295/30ZR20 front and 335/30ZR20 rear. The car also features a full roll cage painted to match the car, a Borla ATAK exhaust system and is set to receive the Laguna Seca front splitter and rear wing.
We’ll have more photos and details of the completed widebody Boss 302 when it debuts at SEMA next week, but until then check out our photos of the car in the gallery below.
Photos © 2011 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Package at the L.A. Auto Show
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 laps Laguna Seca
- eBay Find: Totaled 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Video: Hennessey builds first supercharged Boss 302 Laguna Seca with 563 rwhp
- Hennessey Performance releases details for HPE700 package for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Car and Driver shows how to remove the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's exhaust restrictor plates
- Video: Corsa shows off new exhaust system for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Win a copy of the book 'Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car'
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca to contend for Motor Trend's 'Best Driver's Car' title
- Forbes reviews the 2012 Mustang Boss 302