SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
Galpin Auto Sports has a long history of debuting impressive custom cars at SEMA, and this year looks to be no exception. Their latest project, which we caught still being built at their Van Nuys facility, is this widebody 2012 Mustang Boss 302 dubbed the Boss 302-X. The handmade steel widebody panels and custom orange paint are no doubt the first thing to catch your eye, but the car is just as impressive underneath the skin. A ProCharger supercharger system has been installed, and Galpin tells us that the 5.0-liter V8 now produces somewhere around 780 horsepower. To fill out the body kit Galpin has fitted a set of 20-inch Forgiato wheels wrapped with Pirelli P Zero tires, 295/30ZR20 front and 335/30ZR20 rear. The car also features a full roll cage painted to match the car, a Borla ATAK exhaust system and is set to receive the Laguna Seca front splitter and rear wing.
We’ll have more photos and details of the completed widebody Boss 302 when it debuts at SEMA next week, but until then check out our photos of the car in the gallery below.
Photos © 2011 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut
- Galpin Auto Sports 2011 Mustang Convertible Hardtop in detail
- SEMA 2011: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Galpin Ford claims title as largest Mustang dealer for 2011
- Featured: Galpin Auto Sports 2010 Mustang Boss 281R
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom widebody Mustang Convertible
- SEMA Preview: Kenny Brown GT-4T Mustang to debut