SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang “Producer”
Perhaps our favorite part of SEMA is seeing what the talented Ring Brothers are bringing to the show. Last year we were lucky enough to see two of their creations, a 1966 Mustang race car and the 1970 Mustang “Dragon“. This year they’ll be bringing yet another Mustang, this time a 1965 Fastback nicknamed “Producer”. The car is clad in a custom body kit and BASF paint with the usual Ring Brothers billet accessories like hood pins, door handles and taillight bezels. Under the hood is a Keith Craft 351/427 stroker producing 740 horsepower that is mated to a Tremec T56 6-speed transmission. Of course, the entire chassis has been modernized with tubular a-arms up front and a watts-link system at the rear, and Baer brakes and massive Michelin tires have also been added.
All we have is a rendering of the car right now, but we’ll be sure to bring you live photos of the car when it debuts next week at SEMA.
Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang Fastback “Producer” Features:
- Royal Purple Fluids
- Keith Craft 351/427 Stroker with 740 HP
- Tremec T56 6 Speed Transmission
- Forgeline 3-piece Wheels
- 18 x 11 Fronts
- 19 x 13.5 Rears
- Michelin 315-30ZR18 Front Tires
- Michelin 345/30ZR19 Rear Tires
- Baer Brakes
- Full Chassis, Tubular A Arms for front suspension, Watts link rear
- Full custom body
- Widened 4″
- Extended rockers
- Carbon roof and hood
- 4130 chromoly full roll cage
- Ringbrothers billet hood hinges, door handles, hood pin kit, taillight bezels
- One-off dash
- Custom wheels
- Custom interior
- BASF Glasurit 90 Line Waterborne Paint
- Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers
- Ring Brothers' 1965 Mustang "Producer" wins Goodguys 2012 Street Machine of the Year
- SEMA 2013: Ryan Venturine's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- Original owner reunites with '65 Mustang Convertible at auction
- Ford officially announces 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible licensed body shells
- SEMA 2011: Lindsey Bradley's 1965 Mustang Fastback "The Silver Fox"
- Original owner of 1965 Mustang breaks the million mile mark
- This one-off 1965 Mustang Fastback was Edsel Ford's 16th birthday present
- Video: V8TV features a turbocharged 1965 Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon"