SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut
A couple days ago we showed you a preview of the world’s first widebody Mustang Boss 302 designed by Steve Carpenter of Galpin Auto Sports. At the time the car, named the Boss 302-X, was still under construction and still needed some of the body panels and interior to be installed. Since then the GAS crew has been hard at work and has finished up the car just in time for its debut at SEMA.
So what makes the Galpin Mustang Boss 302-X so special? For starters, GAS has constructed the steel widebody panels by hand, adding an incredible nine inches to the width of the car. To fill out the additional space under the wheel wells, Galpin has added a set of one-off Forgiato 20-inch wheels wrapped with Pirelli P Zero tires, 295/30/20 front and 335/30/20 rear. The matte orange pearl PPG paint is a one-off color, and the Boss 302 graphics on the hood side and rear have been painted on rather than using vinyl graphics. Under the hood is a ProCharger supercharger system, and Galpin tells us that the car produces somewhere in the area of 780 horsepower. Finally, a 6-point roll cage painted to match the exterior has been added to the interior alongside custom embroidered logos to the Recaro seats.
You can see plenty of photos of Galpin’s Mustang Boss 302-X in the gallery below, and be sure to tell us what you think of the car in the comments section.
Photos © 2011 MustangsDaily.com
- 2012 Mustang Boss 302s arriving in dealerships
- Photo Gallery: First live pictures of Galpin's widebody Mustang that will be auctioned off for charity
- Galpin Ford claims title as largest Mustang dealer for 2011
- Custom 2011 Mustang auctioned off to benefit the Tony Hawk Foundation
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Galpin/SPX Widebody Mustang sells for $160,000
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom 1969 Mustang live at SEMA
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports shows off custom widebody 2011 Shelby GT500