SEMA 2011: Heins Motorsports Mustang Boss 302RS
This week at SEMA Heins Motorsports debuted this custom Mustang race car purpose-built from the ground up to compete in SCCA and NASA classes. This 2011 Mustang Boss 302 has been thoroughly modified to reduce weight, improve aerodynamics, and minimize lift at high speeds by use of a Steeda Q-Series functional front fascia, hood, and rear spoiler, and a 3d Carbon rear fascia.
On the inside, the functional racing interior features a high-strength, light-weight custom carbon fiber dash and custom carbon fiber door panels. Sparco Pro-ADV seats provide firm support while a Sparco competition steering wheel delivers the sure grip and subtle feel demanded by highly skilled drivers. Safety is always a prime consideration for serious competitors, so this custom racer features a roll cage built to FIA specs, Sparco competition 6pt harnesses for the driver, a Safecraft fire suppression system and an ATL safety fuel cell.
The chassis has been thoughtfully designed and constructed to keep the wheels and tires in constant contact with the track surface whether accelerating down a straightaway or negotiating a chicane. The suspension has been upgraded with a Steeda billet sway bar mount kit, Steeda race-only lower control arms, Steeda bumpsteer kit, Steeda Tokico D-Spec adjustable front and rear shocks, Steeda competition springs and a Steeda Watt’s Link rear suspension. SSBC brakes, front and rear, provide the sure fade-resistant stopping power, and Nitto NT01 tires are mounted to 18” forged alloy competition wheels from Forgeline for track-grabbing performance.
You can see a full list of features and photos of the Heins Motorsports Mustang Boss 302RS below.
- Boss 302 V8
- Custom Borla race exhaust
- Steeda cold air intake
- Exedy clutch
- Steeda Q-Series functional front fascia
- Steeda Q-Series functional hood
- Steeda rear spoiler
- 3d Carbon rear fascia
- Paint by PPG: Sport Classic Gray (Grau)
- Sparco steering wheel
- Sparco Pro-ADV seats
- Custom carbon fi ber dash
- Custom carbon fi ber door panels
- Steeda billet sway bar mount kit
- Steeda race only low control arms
- Steeda bumpsteer kit
- Steeda Tokico D-Spec adjustable front and rear shocks
- Steeda competition springs
- Steeda watts link
- SSBC 8 piston front and 2 piston rear brakes
Wheels & Tires:
- Forgeline wheels, 18 x 9.5 front and 18 x 11 rear
- Nitto NT01 tires, 275/3518 front and 315/30/18 rear
- Roll cage built to FIA specs
- Sparco competition 6pt Harness
- Safecraft fire suppression system
- ATL safety fuel cell
Photos © 2011 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2013: Larry Gareffa's home-built electric 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2010: Dynacorn previews its 1965-1966 Mustang body shell
- Ring Brothers to debut NASCAR-powered 1965 Mustang at SEMA
- SEMA 2011: Forgiato Wheels Widebody Mustang
- SEMA 2012: The Mustang Cobra Jet Concept's twin-turbo V8 in detail
- SEMA 2012: Kris Horton's 2012 Ford Mustang "Ringleader"
- SEMA 2012: Steeda Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Ford teases SEMA Mustangs from Nitto Tire and Hollywood Hot Rods
- Ford Racing officially announces TracKey is 50-state legal, available starting today
- SEMA 2014: Classic Design Concepts 2015 Ford Mustang "Outlaw"