SEMA 2011: Heins Motorsports Mustang Boss 302RS
This week at SEMA Heins Motorsports debuted this custom Mustang race car purpose-built from the ground up to compete in SCCA and NASA classes. This 2011 Mustang Boss 302 has been thoroughly modified to reduce weight, improve aerodynamics, and minimize lift at high speeds by use of a Steeda Q-Series functional front fascia, hood, and rear spoiler, and a 3d Carbon rear fascia.
On the inside, the functional racing interior features a high-strength, light-weight custom carbon fiber dash and custom carbon fiber door panels. Sparco Pro-ADV seats provide firm support while a Sparco competition steering wheel delivers the sure grip and subtle feel demanded by highly skilled drivers. Safety is always a prime consideration for serious competitors, so this custom racer features a roll cage built to FIA specs, Sparco competition 6pt harnesses for the driver, a Safecraft fire suppression system and an ATL safety fuel cell.
The chassis has been thoughtfully designed and constructed to keep the wheels and tires in constant contact with the track surface whether accelerating down a straightaway or negotiating a chicane. The suspension has been upgraded with a Steeda billet sway bar mount kit, Steeda race-only lower control arms, Steeda bumpsteer kit, Steeda Tokico D-Spec adjustable front and rear shocks, Steeda competition springs and a Steeda Watt’s Link rear suspension. SSBC brakes, front and rear, provide the sure fade-resistant stopping power, and Nitto NT01 tires are mounted to 18” forged alloy competition wheels from Forgeline for track-grabbing performance.
You can see a full list of features and photos of the Heins Motorsports Mustang Boss 302RS below.
- Boss 302 V8
- Custom Borla race exhaust
- Steeda cold air intake
- Exedy clutch
- Steeda Q-Series functional front fascia
- Steeda Q-Series functional hood
- Steeda rear spoiler
- 3d Carbon rear fascia
- Paint by PPG: Sport Classic Gray (Grau)
- Sparco steering wheel
- Sparco Pro-ADV seats
- Custom carbon fi ber dash
- Custom carbon fi ber door panels
- Steeda billet sway bar mount kit
- Steeda race only low control arms
- Steeda bumpsteer kit
- Steeda Tokico D-Spec adjustable front and rear shocks
- Steeda competition springs
- Steeda watts link
- SSBC 8 piston front and 2 piston rear brakes
Wheels & Tires:
- Forgeline wheels, 18 x 9.5 front and 18 x 11 rear
- Nitto NT01 tires, 275/3518 front and 315/30/18 rear
- Roll cage built to FIA specs
- Sparco competition 6pt Harness
- Safecraft fire suppression system
- ATL safety fuel cell
Photos © 2011 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2011: Roush Stage 3 Premier Edition Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Steeda Q650 Street Fighter Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA 2014: Roush debuts 2015 Stage 3 Mustang
- SEMA 2011: H&R Springs Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon"
- Updated 2010 FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang introduced at SEMA
- Ford teases SEMA Mustangs from Nitto Tire and Hollywood Hot Rods
- SEMA 2010: Eibach Springs 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Mobsteel 2011 Mustang