2013 Mustang to be officially unveiled on November 15th
It’s official. The 2013 Mustang will make it’s debut one day ahead of the Los Angeles International Auto Show on the evening of November 15th. The car will be unveiled at a private concert at the Belasco Theater in downtown Los Angeles, finally revealing the new design changes that we’ve been waiting to see for the last few months. The news was leaked online by local radio station KROQ, who is giving away 50 tickets to the event on their web site (if you’re over 21 years of age you can register to win).
What can we expect from the 2013 Mustang? Our inside sources have already given us a good idea of what’s to come. For starters, the new Mustang will get styling makeover with a new front end similar to the one currently on the GT500 and a new rear end with revised taillights, confirmed by the latest batch of spy photos. Powertrains will remain the same for the V6 and GT models, although a slight bump in horsepower might be in the works. The GT500 will be getting a significant powertrain update, however, as Ford is upgrading the engine to a new supercharged 5.8-liter V8 with somewhere north of 600 horsepower.
We’ll be bringing you the latest details and news straight from the reveal, as we’ve already secured our tickets to the event. Check back next week on the 15th for official details and photos of the 2013 Mustang and live photos from the unveiling.
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- Ford provides first sneak peek of the 2013 Mustang
- 2013 Ford Mustang reviews hit the web
- 2013 Mustangs arriving at Ford dealerships
- 2013 Mustang to get Shelby GT500 styling cues, increase in horsepower
- Ford releases second 2013 Mustang teaser showing new LED headlights
- New Product: Ford Racing Brake Duct Kit for the 2013 Mustang
- Ford Mustang named as one of Car and Driver's 10 Best for third straight year
- Video: Ford releases 2013 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 b-roll footage