Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang caught in Gotta Have It Green

By - November 30, 2011 – 12:12 am11 Comments | 12,468 views

2013 Ford Mustang in Gotta Have It Green

One of the many changes for the 2013 Mustang is the availability of new color options. We’ve posted plenty of images of the 2013 Boss 302 in the new School Bus Yellow including both the official photos from Ford as well as our own shots from the L.A. Auto Show, but many Mustang fans have been very curious about another one of the new hues – Gotta Have It Green – ever since it was leaked that the color would be offered for 2013. While Ford hasn’t released any official photos of the 2013 Mustang in this color yet, the sharp-eyed folks over at Boss302Forum.com spied a standard Mustang GT as well as a Boss 302 in the bright Green shade and have posted some photos online.

While we’ll reserve our official judgment of the color until we see it in person, we’re still not sure what we think about Gotta Have It Green. It’s definitely more garish than Legend Lime that was offered in 2005, and it’s quite a bit different than the Grabber Green that was an option on the 1970 Boss 302.

You can see the spy photos of the 2013 Mustang and Boss 302 in Gotta Have It Green in the gallery below, and be sure to tell us what you think of the color in the comments section.

[Source: Boss302Forum.com]

• Variety is nice but I do not gotta have it.

• Tim Templeton says:

These pictures look fake. Why are the hood stripes different on the Boss from the offical pictures Ford released of the School Bus Yellow Boss last week?

Also, why can’t we read the words “Boss 302″ on the side stripe?

I’m not saying this isn’t the true shade of green (I hope it isn’t), but the pictures are fake.

• Robert Lane says:

I can assure you that the photos are not fake since my colleague took them. To your point though, the resolution is really low and I will repost better quality ones tonight.

• aiden says:

i would kill for a 2013 boss or GT500 but i dont gotta have that green either

• The Boss says:

Fake! Not true. Bullsh*t.

• Gtzzoom says:

I like it!!!! BUT Ford should not call it a kissing cousin of Grabber Green because it is way off in the color scale. Grabber Lime from 1971 is the closest to this color then add a metallic flair to it. Safe to say I want a 2013 in this color, BUT good ol ford and the marketing idiots!!! Just like the sunburst gold and the yellow tri blaze..this will only be offered with BLACK interior! SO…who wants to place a retail/fleet order with me and get this color with saddle tan??? I only need 4 others and we buy from the same dealer to make it work??? Who wants an oddball color combination…cause the way public opinion reads….this will be a ONE year color…:(

• Jay says:

unfortunately, this is the green they went with instead of the original Lime-Gold Metallic of the 1970 Boss

• katrina says:

I think the grabber green would be great,,my father had a 1970 boss an it was green with the black stripe on hood an on the side an has the boss on the side,,i would love to find. Out what happen to it,it was sold in indiana to a guy that wuz a cig,distrubter,rite before my dad died

• Linda says:

Well I’m from Canada (Quebec) and my husband & ! but 2 V6 2013 convertables and yes I bought the green one! Should have it some time in April can’t wait!!!

• WiLHEMI says:

I saw this green on a convertible V6 with a black top…. I got goose bumps… Photography can not do that paint justice. The pearl is insane in daylight. I am a Mopar man but I GOTTA HAVE me one of those green 5.0’s….

• Woohoo says:

Just bought one of these in this color and drove it off the lot last night…it is beautiful! Gotta have it green for sure!