Photo Gallery: Hennessey HPE700 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Back in August the Houston-based Hennessey Performance Engineering first started dabbling with the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, adding an extra dose of horsepower to the car via forced induction. Since then they have launched two packages for the Boss 302 – the HPE650 and the HPE700 – named according to the amount of horsepower produced from the supercharged 5.0-liter V8. To prove the car’s potential, Hennessey added a set of racing slicks to an HPE700 and took a couple runs on their in-house drag strip, eventually netting a 10 second time slip.
If you want to get a closer look at Hennessey’s Boss 302, then you’ll want to check out this new batch of photos of the car. This particular example is a little different than the ones you’ve seen before, thanks to a carbon fiber front splitter that replaces the stock piece, a set of black 19-inch Hennessey wheels wrapped in the stock Pirelli tires, carbon fiber sill plates and Hennessey badges on both the exterior interior. You might also notice that the red vinyl on the roof has also been removed. While beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we think the changes definitely benefit the look of the car.
You can see the full photo gallery of the Hennessey HPE700 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca below.
- Inside Line track-tests the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- Video: 2012 Mustang Boss 302 laps Laguna Seca
- 1-of-1 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca painted 'School Bus Yellow' going up for auction
- A look inside the 2012 Mustang Boss 302's 444 horsepower V8
- Ford Racing officially announces TracKey is 50-state legal, available starting today
- Autoweek's editors review the 2012 Mustang Boss 302
- Behind the scenes of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 media drive
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- Dates announced, registration open for Boss Track Attack Days at Miller Motorsports Park
- Inside Look: Why the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 isn't just a sticker and wheel package