Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson