Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby