Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track