Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500
- One-off 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Final 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang to be auctioned off for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang "Producer" goes for $286,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme