Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake nets $154,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- Final 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang to be auctioned off for charity