Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake nets $154,000
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- 2000 Mustang Cobra R #2 up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: One-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca live at Barrett-Jackson
- Roush and Barrett-Jackson team up for limited edition Mustang
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Alice Cooper's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $51,700
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $115,500
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson