Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $115,500
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- Grabber Orange 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 to be sold at Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas
- Custom 2011 Mustang sells at Barrett-Jackson for $91,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $275,000