Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Grabber Green 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 nets $220,000
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- One-off 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Rare 1970 Shelby GT500 going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000
- Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200
- Roush and Barrett-Jackson team up for limited edition Mustang