Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
For the past several years Ford has partnered up with Barrett-Jackson to auction off vehicles for charity. Last year a one-off Grabber Blue Boss 302 Laguna Seca was sold for $450,000, and in previous years Mustangs like the Daytona 500 Pace Car have sold to the highest bidder to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
This year is no exception, and the Barrett-Jackson web site shows that a “special’ 2013 Shelby GT500, lot #3043, will be sold during the auction’s prime time on Saturday evening with the proceeds going to the JDRF. Details are scarce at this point, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it was the first production 2013 Shelby GT500.
We’re sure that Ford will be announcing details on this special 2013 Shelby GT500 soon, and we’ll bring you the news as soon as its released. We’ll also be at Barrett-Jackson come January, so look for live photos of the car and a report on the auction as soon as it crosses the block.
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
- Photo Gallery: One-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca live at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000
- Final 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang to be auctioned off for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- Unique 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet prototype sells for $200,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- First retail 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson