2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible to be unveiled in Detroit next month
Last month Ford unveiled the 650 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, and its probable that very few Mustang fans came away unimpressed. Those that prefer their driving with the top down, however, were possibly left wanting as a convertible version was noticeably absent. Drop-top fans need not fret, though, as TopSpeed.com is now reporting that a convertible version of the 2013 Shelby GT500 will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next month.
While Ford has yet to disclose any information regarding the new GT500 Convertible quite yet, it’s easy to speculate about the details. If past models are anything to go by, Ford could likely give the convertible specific suspension tuning, and we wouldn’t be surprised if additional frame support was added to compensate for the structural stiffness lost with the roof. The 202 mph top speed of the coupe is probably out of the question, and a 155 mph limit is more likely. What we do know for sure is that we’ll bring you all the official details once Ford releases them, and we’ll have live coverage of the 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut in Detroit next month. Stay tuned…
- Shelby unveils 2012 GT350 with new colors, convertible option
- Shelby to unveil 2012 GT350 at the Chicago Auto Show
- Shelby completes first production 2011 GT350s, ready to deliver to customers
- Shelby builds one-off GT500 Super Snake 'Need for Speed' Edition
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sells for record $1.3 million at Mecum
- Shelby to unveil EcoBoost-powered car at Detroit Auto Show?
- Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
- 1967 Shelby GT500 featured on U.S. postage stamp
- Shelby announces turbo package for 2005-2009 Mustang GTs
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra