2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible to be unveiled in Detroit next month
Last month Ford unveiled the 650 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, and its probable that very few Mustang fans came away unimpressed. Those that prefer their driving with the top down, however, were possibly left wanting as a convertible version was noticeably absent. Drop-top fans need not fret, though, as TopSpeed.com is now reporting that a convertible version of the 2013 Shelby GT500 will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next month.
While Ford has yet to disclose any information regarding the new GT500 Convertible quite yet, it’s easy to speculate about the details. If past models are anything to go by, Ford could likely give the convertible specific suspension tuning, and we wouldn’t be surprised if additional frame support was added to compensate for the structural stiffness lost with the roof. The 202 mph top speed of the coupe is probably out of the question, and a 155 mph limit is more likely. What we do know for sure is that we’ll bring you all the official details once Ford releases them, and we’ll have live coverage of the 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut in Detroit next month. Stay tuned…
- Winningest 1965 Shelby GT350R to be sold at RM's Amelia Island auction
- Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
- Shelby unveils 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show
- Shelby donating 2014 GT500 Super Snake package for cancer research
- Shelby to raffle 2011 GT350 prototype for charity
- Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake