2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible to be unveiled in Detroit next month
Last month Ford unveiled the 650 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, and its probable that very few Mustang fans came away unimpressed. Those that prefer their driving with the top down, however, were possibly left wanting as a convertible version was noticeably absent. Drop-top fans need not fret, though, as TopSpeed.com is now reporting that a convertible version of the 2013 Shelby GT500 will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next month.
While Ford has yet to disclose any information regarding the new GT500 Convertible quite yet, it’s easy to speculate about the details. If past models are anything to go by, Ford could likely give the convertible specific suspension tuning, and we wouldn’t be surprised if additional frame support was added to compensate for the structural stiffness lost with the roof. The 202 mph top speed of the coupe is probably out of the question, and a 155 mph limit is more likely. What we do know for sure is that we’ll bring you all the official details once Ford releases them, and we’ll have live coverage of the 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut in Detroit next month. Stay tuned…
- 2013 Shelby GT500's supercharged V8 makes Ward's 10 Best Engines list
- 2011 Shelby GT350 trounces Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Road and Track comparison test
- Shelby GTS to be revealed at New York Auto Show
- 2013 Shelby GT500 with 600+ horsepower in the works?
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
- Reggie Jackson's 1965 Shelby GT350 going up for auction
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500