2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible to be unveiled in Detroit next month
Last month Ford unveiled the 650 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, and its probable that very few Mustang fans came away unimpressed. Those that prefer their driving with the top down, however, were possibly left wanting as a convertible version was noticeably absent. Drop-top fans need not fret, though, as TopSpeed.com is now reporting that a convertible version of the 2013 Shelby GT500 will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next month.
While Ford has yet to disclose any information regarding the new GT500 Convertible quite yet, it’s easy to speculate about the details. If past models are anything to go by, Ford could likely give the convertible specific suspension tuning, and we wouldn’t be surprised if additional frame support was added to compensate for the structural stiffness lost with the roof. The 202 mph top speed of the coupe is probably out of the question, and a 155 mph limit is more likely. What we do know for sure is that we’ll bring you all the official details once Ford releases them, and we’ll have live coverage of the 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut in Detroit next month. Stay tuned…
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Shelby unveils 2013 GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Shelby officially unveils Anniversary Edition Mustangs
- Shelby to unveil EcoBoost-powered car at Detroit Auto Show?
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show