Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang GT makes 791 rwhp on the dyno
There are quite a few supercharger options for the 2011+ Mustang, but there are not nearly as many turbocharged setups available. The folks over at Modular Depot are aiming to change that, and in cooperation with Jon Lund of Lund Racing have developed a prototype twin-turbo system for the 5.0-liter engine that is as potent as it is pretty. The test car recently went on the dyno for testing and put down an incredible 791 horsepower and 675 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels using 13 psi of boost. Modular Depot has previously took the Mustang to the track and ran a 10.41 quarter mile using 10 psi, so we’re guessing this latest setup could potentially be good for a nine second time slip.
While the twin-turbo setup is currently a one-off, Modular Depot is currently gauging customer interest for a production system. Judging by both the performance and the OEM look, we wouldn’t be surprised if they get quite a few inquiries from horsepower-loving Mustang owners.
You can see the Modular Depot twin-turbo 2011 Mustang in action in the video below.
- The Ford Story: 71 year old grandmother purchases a brand new 2011 Mustang GT
- Video: ProCharger straps its 2011 Mustang 5.0 to the dyno
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Roush releases first photos of 2011 Stage 2 Mustang
- DiabloSport and JPC Racing team up for 2011 Mustang drag car
- Video: Motortrend pits the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 against the BMW M3
- Video: DiabloSport previews tuning program for the 2011 Mustang
- ProCharger supercharger kit for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 coming soon
- SEMA 2010: MagnaCharger debuts supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang
- Video: Fastlane's turbocharged 2011 Mustang 5.0 hits the dyno