Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang GT makes 791 rwhp on the dyno
There are quite a few supercharger options for the 2011+ Mustang, but there are not nearly as many turbocharged setups available. The folks over at Modular Depot are aiming to change that, and in cooperation with Jon Lund of Lund Racing have developed a prototype twin-turbo system for the 5.0-liter engine that is as potent as it is pretty. The test car recently went on the dyno for testing and put down an incredible 791 horsepower and 675 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels using 13 psi of boost. Modular Depot has previously took the Mustang to the track and ran a 10.41 quarter mile using 10 psi, so we’re guessing this latest setup could potentially be good for a nine second time slip.
While the twin-turbo setup is currently a one-off, Modular Depot is currently gauging customer interest for a production system. Judging by both the performance and the OEM look, we wouldn’t be surprised if they get quite a few inquiries from horsepower-loving Mustang owners.
You can see the Modular Depot twin-turbo 2011 Mustang in action in the video below.
- Saleen to unveil 2011 S302 at Carlisle Ford Nationals
- Consumer Reports ranks Mustang V6 ahead of Camaro V6
- Video: Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang does wheel stand at NMRA finals
- Roush announces availability of complete supercharger kit for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- Video: Vortech 2011 Mustang GT makes 577 rwhp on the dyno
- New Product: Western Motorsports air intake for the 2011 Mustang GT
- Video: Contestants on SPEED's Pass Time severely underestimate a Roush supercharged 2011 Mustang
- New Product: Add 12 rwhp with the Fastlane Pipeline 2011 Mustang air intake
- Ford Mustang the most searched new car of 2010 on AutoTrader.com
- American Racing Headers announces new header system for the 2011 Mustang GT