Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang GT makes 791 rwhp on the dyno
There are quite a few supercharger options for the 2011+ Mustang, but there are not nearly as many turbocharged setups available. The folks over at Modular Depot are aiming to change that, and in cooperation with Jon Lund of Lund Racing have developed a prototype twin-turbo system for the 5.0-liter engine that is as potent as it is pretty. The test car recently went on the dyno for testing and put down an incredible 791 horsepower and 675 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels using 13 psi of boost. Modular Depot has previously took the Mustang to the track and ran a 10.41 quarter mile using 10 psi, so we’re guessing this latest setup could potentially be good for a nine second time slip.
While the twin-turbo setup is currently a one-off, Modular Depot is currently gauging customer interest for a production system. Judging by both the performance and the OEM look, we wouldn’t be surprised if they get quite a few inquiries from horsepower-loving Mustang owners.
You can see the Modular Depot twin-turbo 2011 Mustang in action in the video below.
- Motor Trend names the 2011 Mustang GT as one the most impressive cars of 2010
- Featured: Carlo Spiga's 2011 Ford Mustang GT
- New Product: JLT Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- Kenne Bell announces initial details for its "Mammoth" 2011 Mustang 5.0 supercharger kits
- Cervinis releases full details, pricing for 2010+ Mustang C-Series body kit
- 2011 Mustang V6 certified at 31 mpg
- Sean Hyland Motorsports now offering 600 horsepower supercharger kit for the 2011 Mustang
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Vortech 2011 Mustang GT makes 577 rwhp on the dyno