Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang GT makes 791 rwhp on the dyno
There are quite a few supercharger options for the 2011+ Mustang, but there are not nearly as many turbocharged setups available. The folks over at Modular Depot are aiming to change that, and in cooperation with Jon Lund of Lund Racing have developed a prototype twin-turbo system for the 5.0-liter engine that is as potent as it is pretty. The test car recently went on the dyno for testing and put down an incredible 791 horsepower and 675 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels using 13 psi of boost. Modular Depot has previously took the Mustang to the track and ran a 10.41 quarter mile using 10 psi, so we’re guessing this latest setup could potentially be good for a nine second time slip.
While the twin-turbo setup is currently a one-off, Modular Depot is currently gauging customer interest for a production system. Judging by both the performance and the OEM look, we wouldn’t be surprised if they get quite a few inquiries from horsepower-loving Mustang owners.
You can see the Modular Depot twin-turbo 2011 Mustang in action in the video below.
- Video: Stainless Works shows off its full exhaust system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Ford Mustang wins Cars.com 2010 Shoppers' Choice Award
- SEMA Preview: Eibach to debut 2011 Mustang show car, updated suspension systems
- Featured: Carlo Spiga's 2011 Ford Mustang GT
- DiabloSport announces availability of its Trinity programmer for the 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Hurst announces new Billet/Plus Shifter for the 2011 Mustang GT
- Ford Racing officially announces new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 with up to 624 horsepower
- AIRAID unveils its new cold air intake system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Video: Flowmaster features its new Hushpower cat-back exhaust system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Video: Vortech 2011 Mustang GT makes 577 rwhp on the dyno