Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang GT makes 791 rwhp on the dyno
There are quite a few supercharger options for the 2011+ Mustang, but there are not nearly as many turbocharged setups available. The folks over at Modular Depot are aiming to change that, and in cooperation with Jon Lund of Lund Racing have developed a prototype twin-turbo system for the 5.0-liter engine that is as potent as it is pretty. The test car recently went on the dyno for testing and put down an incredible 791 horsepower and 675 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels using 13 psi of boost. Modular Depot has previously took the Mustang to the track and ran a 10.41 quarter mile using 10 psi, so we’re guessing this latest setup could potentially be good for a nine second time slip.
While the twin-turbo setup is currently a one-off, Modular Depot is currently gauging customer interest for a production system. Judging by both the performance and the OEM look, we wouldn’t be surprised if they get quite a few inquiries from horsepower-loving Mustang owners.
You can see the Modular Depot twin-turbo 2011 Mustang in action in the video below.
- Video: Vortech 2011 Mustang GT makes 577 rwhp on the dyno
- Video: 2013 Ford Mustang RTR sound check
- Video: JPC Racing's supercharged 2011 Mustang drag car makes 847 rwhp
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- Video: Vaughn Gittin Jr's 1969 RTR-X Mustang hits the dyno
- Video: Fastlane's turbocharged 2011 Mustang 5.0 hits the dyno
- Video: Brenspeed dyno tests the Edelbrock supercharger for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- Video: Twin-Turbo 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra makes 1038 rwhp on the dyno
- Video: JPC Racing makes 500 naturally aspirated rwhp with a 2011 Mustang
- Video: Twin-Turbo Mustang GT puts down 1,266 rwhp on the dyno