Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang GT makes 791 rwhp on the dyno
There are quite a few supercharger options for the 2011+ Mustang, but there are not nearly as many turbocharged setups available. The folks over at Modular Depot are aiming to change that, and in cooperation with Jon Lund of Lund Racing have developed a prototype twin-turbo system for the 5.0-liter engine that is as potent as it is pretty. The test car recently went on the dyno for testing and put down an incredible 791 horsepower and 675 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels using 13 psi of boost. Modular Depot has previously took the Mustang to the track and ran a 10.41 quarter mile using 10 psi, so we’re guessing this latest setup could potentially be good for a nine second time slip.
While the twin-turbo setup is currently a one-off, Modular Depot is currently gauging customer interest for a production system. Judging by both the performance and the OEM look, we wouldn’t be surprised if they get quite a few inquiries from horsepower-loving Mustang owners.
You can see the Modular Depot twin-turbo 2011 Mustang in action in the video below.
- Consumer Reports ranks Mustang V6 ahead of Camaro V6
- McLeod announces new clutch lineup for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Video: Everything you wanted to know about Borla's exhaust systems for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Vortech announces official pricing, horsepower rating for 2011 Mustang supercharger
- New Product: Brenspeed Power Packages add up to 72 horsepower to the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- 2011 Ford Mustang named as one of Automobile Magazine's All-Stars
- SEMA Preview: Eibach to debut 2011 Mustang show car, updated suspension systems
- Video: Flowmaster features its new Hushpower cat-back exhaust system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- New Product: AFE Stage 2 Air Intake System for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- Video: Motortrend pits the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 against the BMW M3