Video: Twin-Turbo 2011 Mustang GT makes 791 rwhp on the dyno
There are quite a few supercharger options for the 2011+ Mustang, but there are not nearly as many turbocharged setups available. The folks over at Modular Depot are aiming to change that, and in cooperation with Jon Lund of Lund Racing have developed a prototype twin-turbo system for the 5.0-liter engine that is as potent as it is pretty. The test car recently went on the dyno for testing and put down an incredible 791 horsepower and 675 lb-ft torque at the rear wheels using 13 psi of boost. Modular Depot has previously took the Mustang to the track and ran a 10.41 quarter mile using 10 psi, so we’re guessing this latest setup could potentially be good for a nine second time slip.
While the twin-turbo setup is currently a one-off, Modular Depot is currently gauging customer interest for a production system. Judging by both the performance and the OEM look, we wouldn’t be surprised if they get quite a few inquiries from horsepower-loving Mustang owners.
You can see the Modular Depot twin-turbo 2011 Mustang in action in the video below.
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- ProCharger supercharger kit for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 coming soon
- SEMA 2010: MagnaCharger debuts supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2.9L Whipple-powered 2011 Mustang runs a 10.74 @ 129 mph
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: Edelbrock announces new E-Force supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- Video: KBB reviews the 2011 Mustang GT
- Ward's names the Mustang's 5.0L V8 one of the 10 best engines of 2011
- Video: First 2011 Mustang breaks in the 9's
- McLeod announces new clutch lineup for the 2011 Mustang 5.0