Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200
This 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code, lot #1014.2, just crossed the block at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale. The car is in perfect condition, having had just two owners and just 36,800 original miles, and comes with its original factory invoice, build sheet and original registration.
Summary: Factory 4-speed, R Code 428 Cobra Jet, Ram Air Shaker Hood, Acapulco Blue and black interior. Two owner car, rust-free, all original sheet metal, Buck Tag, Build Sheet, amazing history and documentation. Fresh restoration. From the Ron Pratte Collection.
Details: Factory R Code, 4-speed, 428 Cobra Jet, Ram Air Shaker Hood, Acapulco Blue and black interior, 3.50 Traction-Lok, power brakes and AM radio. OEM options added include power steering, front and rear spoilers and rear window louvers. Fully documented with framed Elite Marti Report, original factory invoice, original Build Sheet, warranty card, Buck Tag, numerous original 1969 and up registrations, insurance inspection paperwork and several vintage documents to support this car’s rare and unique history. It’s incredibly rare to find this kind of history with a car. This car has had only two owners in its life. It only has less than 36,800 original miles on it. Always garaged and rust-free with all its original sheet metal. Fresh concours restoration just completed. Professional, show quality paint job, freshly rebuilt date correct 428 Cobra Jet and original VIN matching 4-speed. This was a no-expense-spared restoration having all components either replaced or rebuilt accordingly. Brand new concours correct wheels and tires, Autolite battery, smog system, suspension, brakes, exhaust, wiring, fuel system, interior and trunk detailing. No stone was left unturned. From the Ron Pratte Collection.
Gavel Price: $72,000
Final Selling Price: $79,200
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Mint 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible nets $308,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $115,500
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $247,500
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson
- Galpin Auto Sports building custom Boss 429-inspired Mustang for charity
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson