Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200
This 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code, lot #1014.2, just crossed the block at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale. The car is in perfect condition, having had just two owners and just 36,800 original miles, and comes with its original factory invoice, build sheet and original registration.
Summary: Factory 4-speed, R Code 428 Cobra Jet, Ram Air Shaker Hood, Acapulco Blue and black interior. Two owner car, rust-free, all original sheet metal, Buck Tag, Build Sheet, amazing history and documentation. Fresh restoration. From the Ron Pratte Collection.
Details: Factory R Code, 4-speed, 428 Cobra Jet, Ram Air Shaker Hood, Acapulco Blue and black interior, 3.50 Traction-Lok, power brakes and AM radio. OEM options added include power steering, front and rear spoilers and rear window louvers. Fully documented with framed Elite Marti Report, original factory invoice, original Build Sheet, warranty card, Buck Tag, numerous original 1969 and up registrations, insurance inspection paperwork and several vintage documents to support this car’s rare and unique history. It’s incredibly rare to find this kind of history with a car. This car has had only two owners in its life. It only has less than 36,800 original miles on it. Always garaged and rust-free with all its original sheet metal. Fresh concours restoration just completed. Professional, show quality paint job, freshly rebuilt date correct 428 Cobra Jet and original VIN matching 4-speed. This was a no-expense-spared restoration having all components either replaced or rebuilt accordingly. Brand new concours correct wheels and tires, Autolite battery, smog system, suspension, brakes, exhaust, wiring, fuel system, interior and trunk detailing. No stone was left unturned. From the Ron Pratte Collection.
Gavel Price: $72,000
Final Selling Price: $79,200
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $253,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Mint 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach
- Unique 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet prototype sells for $200,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Classic Design Concepts Flashback Mustang going to Barrett-Jackson auction in January
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang "Producer" goes for $286,000