Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Final 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang to be auctioned off for charity
- Galpin Auto Sports building custom Boss 429-inspired Mustang for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ sells for $99,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $247,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Alice Cooper's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $51,700
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $170,500
- One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction