Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Ford releases second 2013 Mustang teaser showing new LED headlights
- Ford releases new images of the 2013 Mustang California Special
- Video: Watch a sneak peek of the Alcatraz Bullitt car chase remake
- Video: Watch Big Muscle transform their 2013 Mustang GT into a track car
- Edelbrock giving away modified 2013 Ford Mustang, trip to the 2013 SEMA Show
- 2013 Ford Mustang Competition Kit now available from Ford Racing
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show
- Ford Mustang named as one of Car and Driver's 10 Best for third straight year
- Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200