Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- 2015 Ford Mustang previewed by Motor Trend
- 2013 Mustang to get Shelby GT500 styling cues, increase in horsepower
- Video: Watch a sneak peek of the Alcatraz Bullitt car chase remake
- Video: Ford releases 2013 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 b-roll footage
- 2013 Ford Mustang GT Desktop Wallpaper
- Ford releases new images of the 2013 Mustang California Special
- Video: New 2013 Mustang tv commercial brings online customizer to life
- 2013 Roush Stage 3 Mustang to have 565 horsepower, 505 lb-ft torque
- 2013 Mustang customizer now available for iPad, iPhone and Android
- Official 2013 Mustang Boss 302 colors leaked?