Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ sells for $99,000
- One-off 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- SEMA 2010: WD-40 unveils custom 2011 Mustang to benefit charity
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction