Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Galpin/SPX Widebody Mustang sells for $160,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 brings $291,500
- Roush to Auction Final Production P-51A Mustang for Charity
- Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000