Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Motor Trend tests the 2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium
- Edelbrock giving away modified 2013 Ford Mustang, trip to the 2013 SEMA Show
- Ford provides first sneak peek of the 2013 Mustang
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang in 'Gotta Have It Green'
- 2013 Roush Stage 3 Mustang to have 565 horsepower, 505 lb-ft torque
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- New UAW deal confirms 2013 Shelby GT500 will get 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang caught in Gotta Have It Green
- Pick the winner of 30 consecutive sports games and win a 2013 Ford Mustang V6
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity