Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: New 2013 Mustang tv commercial brings online customizer to life
- Video: Watch a sneak peek of the Alcatraz Bullitt car chase remake
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2012 LA Auto Show
- 2013 Ford Mustang Competition Kit now available from Ford Racing
- This is the 2013 Mustang's new automatic shifter with SelectShift
- 2013 Ford Mustang Order Guide
- Complete 2013 Mustang Lineup Overview
- 2013 Mustang Bullitt rendered
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- Roush Barrett-Jackson Edition Mustang prototype auctioned off for $100,000