Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Official 2013 Mustang Boss 302 colors leaked?
- Ford to begin selling the Mustang in the Philippines
- 2013 Mustang Mach 1 rendered
- Complete 2013 Mustang Lineup Overview
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang GT at the L.A. Auto Show
- 2013 Mustang Boss 302 to get more tech including SYNC
- 2013 Mustangs arriving at Ford dealerships
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2012 LA Auto Show
- Ford releases new images of the 2013 Mustang California Special
- 2013 Shelby GT500 spied on the Nürburgring