Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $170,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- Hurst Mustang Convertible pace car to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang "Kona" sells for $148,500
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $253,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- One-off 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ sells for $99,000