Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Matching 2012 and 1969 Mustang Boss 302s sell for over $200,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Mint 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible nets $308,000
- SEMA 2010: WD-40 unveils custom 2011 Mustang to benefit charity
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 sells for $135,300
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ sells for $99,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- Unique 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet prototype sells for $200,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Galpin Auto Sports building custom Boss 429-inspired Mustang for charity