Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ford Mustang Wrap-Up
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Classic Design Concepts Flashback Mustang going to Barrett-Jackson auction in January
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000