Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
Those wanting to buy a new Mustang in blue may have had trouble the last six months or so, since the standard blue option – Kona Blue – has been in short supply due to the Japanese earthquake. The natural disaster caused a shortage of Xirallic pigment, which is used to make the color. Back in May Ford even considered re-introducing Sonic Blue, last offered in 2005, as a replacement.
That never happened, though, but now Ford has introduced a replacement color for 2013 – Deep Impact Blue. We saw this color at the 2013 Mustang’s debut in Los Angeles, but couldn’t really get a good look at it since the car was indoors. Thankfully Ford has brought another example out to Barrett-Jackson – a GT Convertible – giving us plenty of time to inspect the new blue. Fans of Sonic Blue will be happy to know it’s quite similar, although a little bit darker. Have a look at the color yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section.
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find to go up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in January
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Very first 1967 Shelby Mustang nets $165,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Roush and Barrett-Jackson team up for limited edition Mustang
- Ford to auction one-off Grabber Blue Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at Barrett-Jackson
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson