President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity