President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8