President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.