President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500