President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque