President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity