President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed