President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby