President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500