President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 “sick”
President Barack Obama recently visited the Washington D.C. Auto Show to check out the latest offerings from the automotive industry. The Commander-in-chief sat in a variety of cars including the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Dodge Dart, Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2013 Ford Fusion, but his favorite was reportedly the 2013 Shelby GT500. After sitting in the car the President joked “this is what I needed in high school,” and according to sources called the car “sick”.
President Obama also praised the entire U.S. automotive industry, calling the new cars “a testimony to the outstanding work done by workers, American workers, American designers.” He continued, “we are now back in a place where we can compete with any car company in the world. … I’m just very proud of what we’re seeing here.”
You can see President Obama talk about the 2013 Shelby GT500 and the other new American cars at the Washington D.C. Auto Show in the video below.
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2013: Ice Nine 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible