This is the 2013 Mustang’s new automatic shifter with SelectShift
For 2013 Ford has given the Mustang several new features along with the refreshed exterior design. One of those new features is the six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission that allows the driver to choose between fully automatic operation and manual control. Unlike some other transmissions, the SelectShift will not override a driver’s gear selection, allowing truly full control. The shifter also features a button on the side of the shifter and also has a more modern design.
Ford has several Mustangs on display here at the Chicago Auto Show, offering a good look at various models and option packages. One of the Mustangs featured the new SelectShift transmission, giving us our first look at the new shifter. Overall it’s undoubtedly its an improvement over the previous 6-speed automatic, and we love the leather and aluminum trim. Even so, we wish the manual shifting could be done using a different method, either via paddle shifter or by moving the entire shifter. Perhaps it’s something we can look forward to for 2015…
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Pick the winner of 30 consecutive sports games and win a 2013 Ford Mustang V6
- 2013 Mustang Bullitt rendered
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Vortech releases supercharger system for 2013 Mustang GT
- Late Model Restoration begins 2013 Mustang 'Project High Impact'
- New UAW deal confirms 2013 Shelby GT500 will get 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- 2013 Ford Mustang pricing released
- 2013 Mustang Boss 302 revealed with new look, tech and colors
- Video: Watch a sneak peek of the Alcatraz Bullitt car chase remake
- Video: New 2013 Mustang tv commercial brings online customizer to life