This is the 2013 Mustang’s new automatic shifter with SelectShift
For 2013 Ford has given the Mustang several new features along with the refreshed exterior design. One of those new features is the six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission that allows the driver to choose between fully automatic operation and manual control. Unlike some other transmissions, the SelectShift will not override a driver’s gear selection, allowing truly full control. The shifter also features a button on the side of the shifter and also has a more modern design.
Ford has several Mustangs on display here at the Chicago Auto Show, offering a good look at various models and option packages. One of the Mustangs featured the new SelectShift transmission, giving us our first look at the new shifter. Overall it’s undoubtedly its an improvement over the previous 6-speed automatic, and we love the leather and aluminum trim. Even so, we wish the manual shifting could be done using a different method, either via paddle shifter or by moving the entire shifter. Perhaps it’s something we can look forward to for 2015…
Photos ©2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Official 2013 Mustang Boss 302 colors leaked?
- Complete 2013 Mustang Lineup Overview
- Pick the winner of 30 consecutive sports games and win a 2013 Ford Mustang V6
- 2013 Ford Mustang Order Guide
- Where does the 2013 Mustang GT's extra 8 horsepower come from?
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang with Brembo Brake Package
- Video: American Muscle tests out their new 2013 Mustang GT at the drag strip
- 2013 Roush Stage 3 Mustang to have 565 horsepower, 505 lb-ft torque
- Video: New 2013 Mustang tv commercial brings online customizer to life
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2012 LA Auto Show