Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
We’ve already shown you plenty of images of the new 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible including both the official press photos as well as pictures from the live debut at the Chicago Auto Show. We’re Mustang-obsessed, though, so we’re bringing you even more images of every detail of the new Shelby rag top.
Like the coupe, the new GT500 Convertible has received styling updates to the front and rear including a wide open grille, double splitter, new taillights and quad exhaust tips. Under the hood is the new 5.8-liter supercharged V8 with 650 horsepower, powering the car all the way to a limited top speed of 155 mph. The suspension system is improved as well, with an available adjustable setup available with the SVT Performance Package.
You can view the 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible in detail in the gallery below.
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs