2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Popular Hot Rodding
Popular Hot Rodding is the latest to take a crack at what they think the 2015 Mustang will look like, and have recently published a wide variety of renderings and sketches that show their vision of Ford’s next generation pony car. These aren’t the first renderings we’ve seen – they surely won’t be the last – but they do provide an interesting new perspective on what could possibly be in store for the Mustang. J Mays, Ford’s Chief Creative Officer, has previously stated that the next generation Mustang will have less retro styling, and these new renderings depict that with a futuristic design that strays from the current retro shape.
So what else do we know about the 2015 Mustang as of right now? For starters, Ford plans on making the next generation Mustang a global car. Styling input will come from all of Ford’s design studios from around the world, as the new Mustang will need to be able competing in a variety of international markets. Overall the car will be smaller and lighter, and an independent rear suspension will replace the solid rear axle. The rumors of an EcoBoost four-cylinder as an option are also all but confirmed.
Take a look at the renderings and sketches below and leave us your thoughts on the design in the comments section.
[Source: Popular Hot Rodding]
- Ford to offer body-in-white 2015 Mustang with solid rear axle
- Video: Watch the 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible unveiled in Sydney
- Ford releases new photos, details on 2015 Mustang Convertible
- Will the 2015 Ford Mustang's 4-cylinder engine be for Europe only?
- Video: Learn what inspired the 2015 Ford Mustang's exterior
- 2015 Ford Mustang to get 2.3-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder with 310 horsepower?
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang basks in the Southern California sun
- 2015 Saleen Mustang rendered
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible in Magnetic
- Video: See how Ford camouflaged its 2015 Mustang prototypes