2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Popular Hot Rodding
Popular Hot Rodding is the latest to take a crack at what they think the 2015 Mustang will look like, and have recently published a wide variety of renderings and sketches that show their vision of Ford’s next generation pony car. These aren’t the first renderings we’ve seen – they surely won’t be the last – but they do provide an interesting new perspective on what could possibly be in store for the Mustang. J Mays, Ford’s Chief Creative Officer, has previously stated that the next generation Mustang will have less retro styling, and these new renderings depict that with a futuristic design that strays from the current retro shape.
So what else do we know about the 2015 Mustang as of right now? For starters, Ford plans on making the next generation Mustang a global car. Styling input will come from all of Ford’s design studios from around the world, as the new Mustang will need to be able competing in a variety of international markets. Overall the car will be smaller and lighter, and an independent rear suspension will replace the solid rear axle. The rumors of an EcoBoost four-cylinder as an option are also all but confirmed.
Take a look at the renderings and sketches below and leave us your thoughts on the design in the comments section.
[Source: Popular Hot Rodding]
- Ford announces more details about 2015 Mustang's December 5th reveal date
- The 2015 Ford Mustang could be 400 pounds lighter
- 2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
- 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition revealed
- European pre-orders of 2015 Mustang start May 24
- J Mays: 2015 Mustang to get less retro styling, will 'bring the brand forward'
- Video: 50 Years of Ford Mustang evolution
- Is this the best looking 2015 Mustang rendering yet?
- Ford to raffle off special 2015 Mustang 50 Years Convertible for charity
- Ford dealer launches 2015 Mustang into space