Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
The Ford Mustang has the honor of being involved with perhaps the most iconic chase scene in history, with Steve Mcqueen piloting a 1968 Mustang Fastback in the movie Bullitt. The chase scene has spawned various reenactments in different forms, although none can really capture the magic of the original.
That said, the Fox television series Alcatraz will be doing their very best effort to replicate the Bullitt chase in an upcoming episode. The show recently filmed various scenes of the chase in the streets of San Francisco using a brand new 2013 Mustang.
“We’re just trying to recreate every single shot and add some more -so a lot of sliding around the corners, a lot of getting close to things,” says stunt driver Jack Gill. “It’s really easy to drive around slow, but when they say come around it at 70 miles an hour, it’s a little different.” said Gill.
“They knew exactly the streets we need to recreate the car chase, so we’re actually on some of the streets, which is fun,” says director Jack Bender.
The chase scene will be aired on the Alcatraz season finale on March 26th.
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- Video: Watch a sneak peek of the Alcatraz Bullitt car chase remake
- 2013 Ford Mustang Competition Kit now available from Ford Racing
- Ford relaunches official Mustang site with new price and build option for 2013 model year
- Motor Trend tests the 2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. unveils new Mustang for 2012 Formula Drift season
- Complete 2013 Mustang Lineup Overview
- Ford releases second 2013 Mustang teaser showing new LED headlights
- 2013 Ford Mustang GT Desktop Wallpaper
- Spy Photo: Is this the 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 or Shelby GT500?