Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
The Ford Mustang has the honor of being involved with perhaps the most iconic chase scene in history, with Steve Mcqueen piloting a 1968 Mustang Fastback in the movie Bullitt. The chase scene has spawned various reenactments in different forms, although none can really capture the magic of the original.
That said, the Fox television series Alcatraz will be doing their very best effort to replicate the Bullitt chase in an upcoming episode. The show recently filmed various scenes of the chase in the streets of San Francisco using a brand new 2013 Mustang.
“We’re just trying to recreate every single shot and add some more -so a lot of sliding around the corners, a lot of getting close to things,” says stunt driver Jack Gill. “It’s really easy to drive around slow, but when they say come around it at 70 miles an hour, it’s a little different.” said Gill.
“They knew exactly the streets we need to recreate the car chase, so we’re actually on some of the streets, which is fun,” says director Jack Bender.
The chase scene will be aired on the Alcatraz season finale on March 26th.
- Pick the winner of 30 consecutive sports games and win a 2013 Ford Mustang V6
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang in 'Gotta Have It Green'
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang with Brembo Brake Package
- Video: Ford releases 2013 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 b-roll footage
- Ford issues recall for some 2012-2013 Mustangs for reverse gear problems
- 2013 Mustang Mach 1 rendered
- Final two 2013 Mustang teaser photos revealed
- Video: New 2013 Mustang tv commercial brings online customizer to life
- 2013 Roush Stage 3 Mustang to have 565 horsepower, 505 lb-ft torque