Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
The Ford Mustang has the honor of being involved with perhaps the most iconic chase scene in history, with Steve Mcqueen piloting a 1968 Mustang Fastback in the movie Bullitt. The chase scene has spawned various reenactments in different forms, although none can really capture the magic of the original.
That said, the Fox television series Alcatraz will be doing their very best effort to replicate the Bullitt chase in an upcoming episode. The show recently filmed various scenes of the chase in the streets of San Francisco using a brand new 2013 Mustang.
“We’re just trying to recreate every single shot and add some more -so a lot of sliding around the corners, a lot of getting close to things,” says stunt driver Jack Gill. “It’s really easy to drive around slow, but when they say come around it at 70 miles an hour, it’s a little different.” said Gill.
“They knew exactly the streets we need to recreate the car chase, so we’re actually on some of the streets, which is fun,” says director Jack Bender.
The chase scene will be aired on the Alcatraz season finale on March 26th.
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
- Ford Mustang named as one of Car and Driver's 10 Best for third straight year
- Video: Motor Trend tests the 2013 Ford Mustang GT
- J Mays: 2015 Mustang to get less retro styling, will 'bring the brand forward'
- 2013 Ford Mustang reviews hit the web
- 2013 Roush Stage 3 Mustang to have 565 horsepower, 505 lb-ft torque
- 2013 Shelby GT500 spied on the Nürburgring
- Official 2013 Mustang Boss 302 colors leaked?
- Spy Photos: 2013 Mustang caught in Gotta Have It Green
- Video: 2013 Mustang fitted with a Pypes exhaust system