Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
The Ford Mustang has the honor of being involved with perhaps the most iconic chase scene in history, with Steve Mcqueen piloting a 1968 Mustang Fastback in the movie Bullitt. The chase scene has spawned various reenactments in different forms, although none can really capture the magic of the original.
That said, the Fox television series Alcatraz will be doing their very best effort to replicate the Bullitt chase in an upcoming episode. The show recently filmed various scenes of the chase in the streets of San Francisco using a brand new 2013 Mustang.
“We’re just trying to recreate every single shot and add some more -so a lot of sliding around the corners, a lot of getting close to things,” says stunt driver Jack Gill. “It’s really easy to drive around slow, but when they say come around it at 70 miles an hour, it’s a little different.” said Gill.
“They knew exactly the streets we need to recreate the car chase, so we’re actually on some of the streets, which is fun,” says director Jack Bender.
The chase scene will be aired on the Alcatraz season finale on March 26th.
- Roush offers first sneak peek of their 2013 Stage 3 Mustang
- Spy Photos: Next generation Cobra Jet caught testing with giant hood scoop
- Ford releases details for Gauge Mode and Track Apps for the 2013 Mustang
- 2013 Mustang Boss 302 revealed with new look, tech and colors
- This is the 2013 Mustang's new automatic shifter with SelectShift
- New UAW deal confirms 2013 Shelby GT500 will get 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Video: Watch Big Muscle transform their 2013 Mustang GT into a track car
- Photo Gallery: Brenspeed's 2013 Mustang drag car gets the Roush treatment
- Ford to begin selling the Mustang in the Philippines
- 2015 Ford Mustang previewed by Motor Trend