Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
The Ford Mustang has the honor of being involved with perhaps the most iconic chase scene in history, with Steve Mcqueen piloting a 1968 Mustang Fastback in the movie Bullitt. The chase scene has spawned various reenactments in different forms, although none can really capture the magic of the original.
That said, the Fox television series Alcatraz will be doing their very best effort to replicate the Bullitt chase in an upcoming episode. The show recently filmed various scenes of the chase in the streets of San Francisco using a brand new 2013 Mustang.
“We’re just trying to recreate every single shot and add some more -so a lot of sliding around the corners, a lot of getting close to things,” says stunt driver Jack Gill. “It’s really easy to drive around slow, but when they say come around it at 70 miles an hour, it’s a little different.” said Gill.
“They knew exactly the streets we need to recreate the car chase, so we’re actually on some of the streets, which is fun,” says director Jack Bender.
The chase scene will be aired on the Alcatraz season finale on March 26th.
- Video: Watch a sneak peek of the Alcatraz Bullitt car chase remake
- Video: Watch the full Alcatraz "Bullitt" chase scene with the 2013 Mustang
- Ford Mustangs to be featured next week on Velocity Channel's Legendary Motorcar
- New Product: MRT 1968 Bullitt-style hood for the 2005-2009 Mustang
- Road Test: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
- 2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
- SEMA 2013: Hotchkis shows off new classic Mustang suspension system with Bullitt chase scene
- 2013 Mustang Bullitt rendered
- Readers' Rides: Rich Trost's 2012 Mustang Boss 302 and 2001 Mustang Bullitt
- Tim Allen's 2008 Mustang Bullitt up for auction on eBay