Alcatraz tv show to reenact Bullitt chase scene with 2013 Mustang
The Ford Mustang has the honor of being involved with perhaps the most iconic chase scene in history, with Steve Mcqueen piloting a 1968 Mustang Fastback in the movie Bullitt. The chase scene has spawned various reenactments in different forms, although none can really capture the magic of the original.
That said, the Fox television series Alcatraz will be doing their very best effort to replicate the Bullitt chase in an upcoming episode. The show recently filmed various scenes of the chase in the streets of San Francisco using a brand new 2013 Mustang.
“We’re just trying to recreate every single shot and add some more -so a lot of sliding around the corners, a lot of getting close to things,” says stunt driver Jack Gill. “It’s really easy to drive around slow, but when they say come around it at 70 miles an hour, it’s a little different.” said Gill.
“They knew exactly the streets we need to recreate the car chase, so we’re actually on some of the streets, which is fun,” says director Jack Bender.
The chase scene will be aired on the Alcatraz season finale on March 26th.
- Video: American Muscle tests out their new 2013 Mustang GT at the drag strip
- Ford Mustang named as one of Car and Driver's 10 Best for third straight year
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases images of 2013 California Special and V6 Pony Package Mustangs
- Video: New 2013 Mustang tv commercial brings online customizer to life
- Video: Ford's NASCAR drivers take the 2013 Mustang lineup to Las Vegas Speedway
- J Mays: 2015 Mustang to get less retro styling, will 'bring the brand forward'
- Video: Ford releases 2013 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 b-roll footage
- Spy Photo: Is this the 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 or Shelby GT500?
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at the 2012 LA Auto Show
- 2013 Mustang to be officially unveiled on November 15th