2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
Ever since Ford unveiled the 2013 Shelby GT500 back in November we’ve been anxiously waiting to see how much the cost of the Mustang flagship would increase due to the upgrades. The wait is finally over, though, as today Ford officially announced pricing for the 2013 Shelby GT500. The coupe carries a starting base msrp of $54,995 while the convertible retails for $59,995. Yes, these are significant increases compared to the 2012 model, which was started at $48,810, but these prices are actually lower than expected given the increase in performance.
Of course, it’s fairly easy to get the new GT500’s price to increase with options. The SVT Performance Package (Torsen differential, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, Bilstein adjustable dampers, different rear springs, new instrument cluster and a unique shift knob) will add an additional $3,495. A glass roof tacks on another $1,995, the electronics package will cost you $2,340, a Shaker Pro Audio system is $1,295 and the Recaro Sport Seats demand another $1,595.
Head over to Ford’s updated web site to price out your own 2013 Shelby GT500.
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500