2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
Ever since Ford unveiled the 2013 Shelby GT500 back in November we’ve been anxiously waiting to see how much the cost of the Mustang flagship would increase due to the upgrades. The wait is finally over, though, as today Ford officially announced pricing for the 2013 Shelby GT500. The coupe carries a starting base msrp of $54,995 while the convertible retails for $59,995. Yes, these are significant increases compared to the 2012 model, which was started at $48,810, but these prices are actually lower than expected given the increase in performance.
Of course, it’s fairly easy to get the new GT500’s price to increase with options. The SVT Performance Package (Torsen differential, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, Bilstein adjustable dampers, different rear springs, new instrument cluster and a unique shift knob) will add an additional $3,495. A glass roof tacks on another $1,995, the electronics package will cost you $2,340, a Shaker Pro Audio system is $1,295 and the Recaro Sport Seats demand another $1,595.
Head over to Ford’s updated web site to price out your own 2013 Shelby GT500.
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible