2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
Ever since Ford unveiled the 2013 Shelby GT500 back in November we’ve been anxiously waiting to see how much the cost of the Mustang flagship would increase due to the upgrades. The wait is finally over, though, as today Ford officially announced pricing for the 2013 Shelby GT500. The coupe carries a starting base msrp of $54,995 while the convertible retails for $59,995. Yes, these are significant increases compared to the 2012 model, which was started at $48,810, but these prices are actually lower than expected given the increase in performance.
Of course, it’s fairly easy to get the new GT500’s price to increase with options. The SVT Performance Package (Torsen differential, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, Bilstein adjustable dampers, different rear springs, new instrument cluster and a unique shift knob) will add an additional $3,495. A glass roof tacks on another $1,995, the electronics package will cost you $2,340, a Shaker Pro Audio system is $1,295 and the Recaro Sport Seats demand another $1,595.
Head over to Ford’s updated web site to price out your own 2013 Shelby GT500.
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley