2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
Ever since Ford unveiled the 2013 Shelby GT500 back in November we’ve been anxiously waiting to see how much the cost of the Mustang flagship would increase due to the upgrades. The wait is finally over, though, as today Ford officially announced pricing for the 2013 Shelby GT500. The coupe carries a starting base msrp of $54,995 while the convertible retails for $59,995. Yes, these are significant increases compared to the 2012 model, which was started at $48,810, but these prices are actually lower than expected given the increase in performance.
Of course, it’s fairly easy to get the new GT500’s price to increase with options. The SVT Performance Package (Torsen differential, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, Bilstein adjustable dampers, different rear springs, new instrument cluster and a unique shift knob) will add an additional $3,495. A glass roof tacks on another $1,995, the electronics package will cost you $2,340, a Shaker Pro Audio system is $1,295 and the Recaro Sport Seats demand another $1,595.
Head over to Ford’s updated web site to price out your own 2013 Shelby GT500.
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- 2011 Shelby GT350 to serve as pace car for NASCAR Las Vegas race