2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
Ever since Ford unveiled the 2013 Shelby GT500 back in November we’ve been anxiously waiting to see how much the cost of the Mustang flagship would increase due to the upgrades. The wait is finally over, though, as today Ford officially announced pricing for the 2013 Shelby GT500. The coupe carries a starting base msrp of $54,995 while the convertible retails for $59,995. Yes, these are significant increases compared to the 2012 model, which was started at $48,810, but these prices are actually lower than expected given the increase in performance.
Of course, it’s fairly easy to get the new GT500’s price to increase with options. The SVT Performance Package (Torsen differential, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, Bilstein adjustable dampers, different rear springs, new instrument cluster and a unique shift knob) will add an additional $3,495. A glass roof tacks on another $1,995, the electronics package will cost you $2,340, a Shaker Pro Audio system is $1,295 and the Recaro Sport Seats demand another $1,595.
Head over to Ford’s updated web site to price out your own 2013 Shelby GT500.
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital