2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
With testing finally complete, the production of the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet has officially begun with each of the 50 limited edition turn-key racecars now undergoing their first stage of construction at one of Ford Racing’s suppliers. At this stage unnecessary components are removed to save weight and a 4130 chrome-moly, 8.5-ET certified roll cage fitted. Afterwards, each of the Cobra Jets will head over to the AutoAlliance International plant where they will be fitted with one of the two new Cobra Jet engines and complete final assembly alongside the production Mustang line.
Ford Racing has been kind enough to provide an inside look at this point of the production process and has posted new photos of the 2013 Cobra Jets beginning their new lives. You can see the new pictures in the gallery below.
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- Ford Racing announces performance intake manifold for the 3-valve 4.6L V8
- Ford Racing unveils Mustang Boss 302SX Concept at PRI
- Ford Racing officially announces details and pricing for 2012 Cobra Jet, currently taking orders
- Ford Racing adds stock compression 4.6L 3V Aluminator shortblock to parts catalog
- New Product: Ford Racing coil covers for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- New Product: Ford Racing 90mm throttle body for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- Ford Racing High Performance Driving School announces 2011 schedule
- New Product: Ford Racing Shaker Hood System for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- 2013 Ford Mustang Competition Kit now available from Ford Racing