2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
With testing finally complete, the production of the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet has officially begun with each of the 50 limited edition turn-key racecars now undergoing their first stage of construction at one of Ford Racing’s suppliers. At this stage unnecessary components are removed to save weight and a 4130 chrome-moly, 8.5-ET certified roll cage fitted. Afterwards, each of the Cobra Jets will head over to the AutoAlliance International plant where they will be fitted with one of the two new Cobra Jet engines and complete final assembly alongside the production Mustang line.
Ford Racing has been kind enough to provide an inside look at this point of the production process and has posted new photos of the 2013 Cobra Jets beginning their new lives. You can see the new pictures in the gallery below.
- Ford Racing shows how a Mustang Cobra Jet engine is built
- Video: Tasca Mod Shop shows off Ford Racing's 750 horsepower Shelby GT500 supercharger
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- New Product: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Manifold for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- 5.0L Mustang V8 crate engines available from Ford Racing starting August 15th
- Video: Ford Racing discusses the past, present and future of the Mustang Cobra Jet
- Tony Buffomante dominates Mustang Challenge at Autobahn Country Club, tied for series lead
- New Product: Ford Racing coil covers for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- Official details on Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s Mustang RTR
- Video: First Whipple-powered 2011 Mustang heads to the drag strip