2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
With testing finally complete, the production of the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet has officially begun with each of the 50 limited edition turn-key racecars now undergoing their first stage of construction at one of Ford Racing’s suppliers. At this stage unnecessary components are removed to save weight and a 4130 chrome-moly, 8.5-ET certified roll cage fitted. Afterwards, each of the Cobra Jets will head over to the AutoAlliance International plant where they will be fitted with one of the two new Cobra Jet engines and complete final assembly alongside the production Mustang line.
Ford Racing has been kind enough to provide an inside look at this point of the production process and has posted new photos of the 2013 Cobra Jets beginning their new lives. You can see the new pictures in the gallery below.
- Video: Ford's NASCAR drivers hone their road racing skills with Ford Mustangs
- 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302S now available to order
- Ford Racing High Performance Driving School announces 2012 schedule
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Mustang Cobra Jet Concept unveiling at SEMA
- Ford Racing High Performance Driving School announces winter dates
- New Product: Ford Racing Track Cal for the 2013-2014 Mustang GT
- Video: Coyote Countdown at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals
- Power Upgrade Package for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 available from Ford Racing
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. one step closer to Formula Drift title with first place finish at Sonoma
- Ford planning huge Mustang display at Woodward Dream Cruise