2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
With testing finally complete, the production of the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet has officially begun with each of the 50 limited edition turn-key racecars now undergoing their first stage of construction at one of Ford Racing’s suppliers. At this stage unnecessary components are removed to save weight and a 4130 chrome-moly, 8.5-ET certified roll cage fitted. Afterwards, each of the Cobra Jets will head over to the AutoAlliance International plant where they will be fitted with one of the two new Cobra Jet engines and complete final assembly alongside the production Mustang line.
Ford Racing has been kind enough to provide an inside look at this point of the production process and has posted new photos of the 2013 Cobra Jets beginning their new lives. You can see the new pictures in the gallery below.
- New Product: Ford Racing 62mm billett throttle body for 2005-2010 Mustangs
- Updated 2010 FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang introduced at SEMA
- Ford Racing announces contingency package and driver registration for 2011
- Ford Racing officially announces details and pricing for 2012 Cobra Jet, currently taking orders
- Select Shelby GT500KR parts now available from Ford Racing
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Winners crowned at 2nd annual Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown
- New Product: Supercharged 2014 Cobra Jet Crate Engine
- Video: Ford Racing discusses the past, present and future of the Mustang Cobra Jet
- Photo Gallery: 2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet completes first test session