2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
With testing finally complete, the production of the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet has officially begun with each of the 50 limited edition turn-key racecars now undergoing their first stage of construction at one of Ford Racing’s suppliers. At this stage unnecessary components are removed to save weight and a 4130 chrome-moly, 8.5-ET certified roll cage fitted. Afterwards, each of the Cobra Jets will head over to the AutoAlliance International plant where they will be fitted with one of the two new Cobra Jet engines and complete final assembly alongside the production Mustang line.
Ford Racing has been kind enough to provide an inside look at this point of the production process and has posted new photos of the 2013 Cobra Jets beginning their new lives. You can see the new pictures in the gallery below.
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown at Milan Dragway
- New Product: Boss 302R intake manifold for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- Winners crowned at 2nd annual Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown
- Brandon Davis captures SPEED World Challenge GT Driver's Championship in his Ford Mustang
- Ford Racing Performance Parts releases 2011 catalog
- Video: Ford Racing discusses the past, present and future of the Mustang Cobra Jet
- Video: First Whipple-powered 2011 Mustang heads to the drag strip
- New Product: Ford Racing Track Cal for the 2013-2014 Mustang GT
- Video: Tasca Mod Shop shows off Ford Racing's 750 horsepower Shelby GT500 supercharger