2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
With testing finally complete, the production of the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet has officially begun with each of the 50 limited edition turn-key racecars now undergoing their first stage of construction at one of Ford Racing’s suppliers. At this stage unnecessary components are removed to save weight and a 4130 chrome-moly, 8.5-ET certified roll cage fitted. Afterwards, each of the Cobra Jets will head over to the AutoAlliance International plant where they will be fitted with one of the two new Cobra Jet engines and complete final assembly alongside the production Mustang line.
Ford Racing has been kind enough to provide an inside look at this point of the production process and has posted new photos of the 2013 Cobra Jets beginning their new lives. You can see the new pictures in the gallery below.
- Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer, tells us everything you need to know about the TracKey
- Ford Racing officially announces details and pricing for 2012 Cobra Jet, currently taking orders
- New Product: Ford Racing 5.0L DOHC Aluminator Crate Engine NA
- Ford Racing officially announces new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 with up to 624 horsepower
- Video: A Ford Mustang Cobra Jet takes on a Ford Fiesta rally car at the drag strip
- Video: Mustang Cobra Jets go head-to-head at Milan Dragway
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- Ford Racing Mustang sets production car world record in half-mile speed trials
- New Product: Supercharged 2014 Cobra Jet Crate Engine
- New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang