2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
With testing finally complete, the production of the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet has officially begun with each of the 50 limited edition turn-key racecars now undergoing their first stage of construction at one of Ford Racing’s suppliers. At this stage unnecessary components are removed to save weight and a 4130 chrome-moly, 8.5-ET certified roll cage fitted. Afterwards, each of the Cobra Jets will head over to the AutoAlliance International plant where they will be fitted with one of the two new Cobra Jet engines and complete final assembly alongside the production Mustang line.
Ford Racing has been kind enough to provide an inside look at this point of the production process and has posted new photos of the 2013 Cobra Jets beginning their new lives. You can see the new pictures in the gallery below.
- Ford Racing announces performance intake manifold for the 3-valve 4.6L V8
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. one step closer to Formula Drift title with first place finish at Sonoma
- Multimatic's Scott Maxwell discusses the progress of the Mustang Boss 302R race car
- New Product: Ford Racing 347/363/427 Pushrod Short Blocks
- 2013 Cobra Jet engines now available from Ford Racing
- New Product: Ford Racing quad-tip exhaust conversion kit
- Ford Racing builds 500+ horsepower Mustang Boss 302
- 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302S now available to order
- New Product: Ford Racing Mustang Gauge Pack