Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
Last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Barber Motorsports last week wasn’t a great one for the Ford Mustang. Despite dominating the race in previous years and having no less than a dozen examples in the field, the Mustang teams couldn’t get an ounce of luck throughout the race weekend. A poor qualifying meant that most of the Mustangs started mid-pack or near the back, which eventually ended up being disastrous for the race.
With more than 75 cars starting the race, a very crowded field meant that potential for contact would be very high. That scenario played itself out during turn one of the opening lap when several cars colliding and going off-track including several Mustangs. The chaos wasn’t over yet, though, and after the flag went green again yet another collision ended the race for several more Mustangs.
You can see the chaotic race start of the race in in the video below.
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustang Boss 302Rs at Barber Motorsports Park
- eBay Find: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302R #016
- Mustang Boss 302R qualifies 1-2 at Grand-Am opener in Daytona
- Old meets new: 2010 Boss 302R Mustang meets up with 1970 Boss 302, Parnelli Jones
- Roush Performance shows off Mustang Boss 302R race car with new 2013 bodywork
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R captures podium finish at Indy
- Roush Performance wins Grand-am season finale at Lime Rock Park
- Grand-Am: Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R finishes second at Road America
- Roush Boss 302R wins Grand-Am season opener at Daytona
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R claims opening victory of 2012 with win at Daytona