Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
Last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Barber Motorsports last week wasn’t a great one for the Ford Mustang. Despite dominating the race in previous years and having no less than a dozen examples in the field, the Mustang teams couldn’t get an ounce of luck throughout the race weekend. A poor qualifying meant that most of the Mustangs started mid-pack or near the back, which eventually ended up being disastrous for the race.
With more than 75 cars starting the race, a very crowded field meant that potential for contact would be very high. That scenario played itself out during turn one of the opening lap when several cars colliding and going off-track including several Mustangs. The chaos wasn’t over yet, though, and after the flag went green again yet another collision ended the race for several more Mustangs.
You can see the chaotic race start of the race in in the video below.
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustang Boss 302Rs at Barber Motorsports Park
- Mustang Boss 302R takes first ever Grand-Am victory at Barber 200
- Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R on pole for tomorrow's Grand-Am race at Lime Rock
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R captures podium finish at Indy
- Multimatic and Miller Racing to field Ford Mustang Boss 302R pair in 2014 Grand-Am season
- Boss 302R Mustangs qualify 1-2 for Grand-Am race at Mid-Ohio
- Video: Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302 qualifying at VIR
- Roush wants to put your face on the back of their Mustang Boss 302R race car
- Photo Gallery: Mustangs at the Grand-Am Daytona test session
- Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R claims pole for CTSC season opener at Daytona