Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
Last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Barber Motorsports last week wasn’t a great one for the Ford Mustang. Despite dominating the race in previous years and having no less than a dozen examples in the field, the Mustang teams couldn’t get an ounce of luck throughout the race weekend. A poor qualifying meant that most of the Mustangs started mid-pack or near the back, which eventually ended up being disastrous for the race.
With more than 75 cars starting the race, a very crowded field meant that potential for contact would be very high. That scenario played itself out during turn one of the opening lap when several cars colliding and going off-track including several Mustangs. The chaos wasn’t over yet, though, and after the flag went green again yet another collision ended the race for several more Mustangs.
You can see the chaotic race start of the race in in the video below.
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustang Boss 302Rs at Barber Motorsports Park
- eBay Find: Rehagen Racing's 'Moon Pie' Mustang Boss 302R Race Car
- Boss 302R Mustang finishes fourth in Grand-Am debut
- Multimatic's Scott Maxwell discusses the progress of the Mustang Boss 302R race car
- Roush Performance Boss 302R finishes second in Grand-Am championship with podium finish at Mid-Ohio
- Roush Performance earns second Grand-Am victory of the season at Mid-Ohio
- Boss 302R Mustangs qualify 1-2 for Grand-Am race at Mid-Ohio
- Roush wants to put your face on the back of their Mustang Boss 302R race car
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R claims third Grand-Am victory of the season at New Jersey
- Video: Multimatic Motorsports Boss 302R laps Laguna Seca