Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
Last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Barber Motorsports last week wasn’t a great one for the Ford Mustang. Despite dominating the race in previous years and having no less than a dozen examples in the field, the Mustang teams couldn’t get an ounce of luck throughout the race weekend. A poor qualifying meant that most of the Mustangs started mid-pack or near the back, which eventually ended up being disastrous for the race.
With more than 75 cars starting the race, a very crowded field meant that potential for contact would be very high. That scenario played itself out during turn one of the opening lap when several cars colliding and going off-track including several Mustangs. The chaos wasn’t over yet, though, and after the flag went green again yet another collision ended the race for several more Mustangs.
You can see the chaotic race start of the race in in the video below.
- Multimatic and Miller Racing to field Ford Mustang Boss 302R pair in 2014 Grand-Am season
- Rehagen Racing teams up with JBS Motorsports for 2011 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series opener
- Boss 302R Mustangs qualify 1-2 for Grand-Am race at Mid-Ohio
- Video: Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302 qualifying at VIR
- Roush Performance Boss 302R finishes second in Grand-Am championship with podium finish at Mid-Ohio
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R claims third Grand-Am victory of the season at New Jersey
- Mustang Boss 302R kicks off 2012 racing season with test days at Daytona Speedway
- Multimatic's Scott Maxwell discusses the progress of the Mustang Boss 302R race car
- Roush Performance continues Grand-Am momentum with second place finish at Road America
- Roush Performance wins Grand-am season finale at Lime Rock Park