Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
Last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Barber Motorsports last week wasn’t a great one for the Ford Mustang. Despite dominating the race in previous years and having no less than a dozen examples in the field, the Mustang teams couldn’t get an ounce of luck throughout the race weekend. A poor qualifying meant that most of the Mustangs started mid-pack or near the back, which eventually ended up being disastrous for the race.
With more than 75 cars starting the race, a very crowded field meant that potential for contact would be very high. That scenario played itself out during turn one of the opening lap when several cars colliding and going off-track including several Mustangs. The chaos wasn’t over yet, though, and after the flag went green again yet another collision ended the race for several more Mustangs.
You can see the chaotic race start of the race in in the video below.
- Video: Multimatic Mustang Boss 302R crashes out of Grand-Am race at Laguna Seca
- Mustang Boss 302R kicks off 2012 racing season with test days at Daytona Speedway
- Multimatic Motorsports Boss 302R on pole for Barber 200
- Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R finishes second in Grand-Am 200
- Roush Performance continues Grand-Am momentum with second place finish at Road America
- Roush Boss 302R wins Grand-Am season opener at Daytona
- Roush Performance earns second Grand-Am victory of the season at Mid-Ohio
- Mustang Boss 302R qualifies 1-2 at Grand-Am opener in Daytona
- Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R on pole for tomorrow's Grand-Am race at Lime Rock
- Grand-Am: Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R finishes second at Road America