Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
Last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Barber Motorsports last week wasn’t a great one for the Ford Mustang. Despite dominating the race in previous years and having no less than a dozen examples in the field, the Mustang teams couldn’t get an ounce of luck throughout the race weekend. A poor qualifying meant that most of the Mustangs started mid-pack or near the back, which eventually ended up being disastrous for the race.
With more than 75 cars starting the race, a very crowded field meant that potential for contact would be very high. That scenario played itself out during turn one of the opening lap when several cars colliding and going off-track including several Mustangs. The chaos wasn’t over yet, though, and after the flag went green again yet another collision ended the race for several more Mustangs.
You can see the chaotic race start of the race in in the video below.
- Video: The Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R laps Daytona
- Roush Performance Boss 302R finishes second in Grand-Am championship with podium finish at Mid-Ohio
- Roush Boss 302R wins Grand-Am season opener at Daytona
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustang Boss 302Rs at Barber Motorsports Park
- Video: Watch the #61 Roush Mustang Boss 302R lap Austin's Circuit of the Americas
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R captures first Grand-Am victory of the season with win at VIR
- Mustang Boss 302R qualifies 1-2 at Grand-Am opener in Daytona
- Roush Performance earns second Grand-Am victory of the season at Mid-Ohio
- Boss 302R Mustangs qualify 1-2 for Grand-Am race at Mid-Ohio
- Video: Rehagen Racing Mustang Boss 302R suffers massive crash at Mid Ohio