Video: Watch the disastrous start to last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race
Last weekend’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Barber Motorsports last week wasn’t a great one for the Ford Mustang. Despite dominating the race in previous years and having no less than a dozen examples in the field, the Mustang teams couldn’t get an ounce of luck throughout the race weekend. A poor qualifying meant that most of the Mustangs started mid-pack or near the back, which eventually ended up being disastrous for the race.
With more than 75 cars starting the race, a very crowded field meant that potential for contact would be very high. That scenario played itself out during turn one of the opening lap when several cars colliding and going off-track including several Mustangs. The chaos wasn’t over yet, though, and after the flag went green again yet another collision ended the race for several more Mustangs.
You can see the chaotic race start of the race in in the video below.
- Multimatic's Scott Maxwell discusses the progress of the Mustang Boss 302R race car
- Video: The Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302R laps Daytona
- Video: Multimatic Mustang Boss 302R crashes out of Grand-Am race at Laguna Seca
- Video: Multimatic Motorsports Mustang Boss 302 qualifying at VIR
- Rehagen Racing teams up with JBS Motorsports for 2011 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series opener
- Roush Performance wins Grand-am season finale at Lime Rock Park
- Roush Performance continues Grand-Am momentum with second place finish at Road America
- Roush Performance Boss 302R finishes second in Grand-Am championship with podium finish at Mid-Ohio
- Roush Performance shows off Mustang Boss 302R race car with new 2013 bodywork
- Roush Performance Mustang Boss 302R claims third Grand-Am victory of the season at New Jersey