Year One previews 1969 Mustang Sportroof project
Year One is one of the most well regarded source of performance parts for both classic and modern muscle cars, the Ford Mustang included. The company doesn’t just sell parts, though, and builds complete custom vehicles in their Ghostworks Garage. Their latest project is the 1969 Mustangs Sportsroof you see here, which Year One tells is in the first stages of its construction.
The rendering of the Mustang project provided by Year One show a clean design with custom front and rear valences and tucked bumpers. According to the spec sheet, the ’69 Mustang will be very modern under the skin as well, with a supercharged 5.4-liter V8 from the Shelby GT500 under the hood mated to a Tremec T56 6-speed transmission. Year One also plans to add a full Griggs Racing suspension front and rear, Baer 14-inch 6-piston brakes and Forgeline wheels. The rear wheel wells have also been mini-tubbed to fit massive 345 wide tires.
We’ll have more pictures and details about the car once the project is complete, but until then you can check out photos of the ongoing build in the gallery below.
[Source: Year One]
- Unrestored 1969 Mustang Boss 429 with 4,405 original miles on eBay
- For Sale: 1969 Ford Mustang Pro-Touring
- One-of-one 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback going up for auction
- Galpin Auto Sports builds custom 1969 Mustang live at SEMA
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 SCJ sells for $99,000
- Video: BS Industries 1969 Mustang Fastback featured on Jay Leno's Garage
- Video: 1969 Anvil Mustang takes on Willow Springs Raceway
- Video: The making of Vaughn Gittin Jr's 1969 Mustang RTR-X
- Video: Agent 47 Harbinger takes to the track
- Video: Vaughn Gittin Jr's 1969 RTR-X Mustang hits the dyno