Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Cobra, and Shelby is going all out to celebrate the car that started it all. Along with a series of anniversary events across the country, Shelby organized a special reunion for the Cobra, bringing together owners and enthusiasts alike to honor the famous roadster. Put on by the Team Shelby Pacific Coast Division and held at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA, the reunion was held this weekend and featured the first prduction Cobra, dozens of early 289-powered Cobras, big block 427 Cobras, and even a pair of King Cobra race cars.
Of course, the Mustang played a large role in the history of Shelby, and plenty of Ford pony cars were in attendance to help celebrate the Cobra as well. Shelby American had much of their current Mustang lineup on display, and owners brought out everything from original GT350s to the modern day GT500 Super Snake. The show wasn’t just limited to Shelby models, though, and Mustangs likes the Mach 1, SVT Cobra, Boss 302 and more were out enjoying the Southern California sun. Ford Racing even brought out their new 2013 Mustang project car.
You can check out the Mustangs at the Shelby Cobra 50th anniversary reunion for yourself in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake prototype debuts in Monterey
- Roush, Shelby partner up to create SR-71 Mustang for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- RK Motors debuts custom 1967 Shelby GT500 RK527
- Shelby GT returns for 2014 as post-title package with up to 624 horsepower
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine