Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Cobra, and Shelby is going all out to celebrate the car that started it all. Along with a series of anniversary events across the country, Shelby organized a special reunion for the Cobra, bringing together owners and enthusiasts alike to honor the famous roadster. Put on by the Team Shelby Pacific Coast Division and held at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA, the reunion was held this weekend and featured the first prduction Cobra, dozens of early 289-powered Cobras, big block 427 Cobras, and even a pair of King Cobra race cars.
Of course, the Mustang played a large role in the history of Shelby, and plenty of Ford pony cars were in attendance to help celebrate the Cobra as well. Shelby American had much of their current Mustang lineup on display, and owners brought out everything from original GT350s to the modern day GT500 Super Snake. The show wasn’t just limited to Shelby models, though, and Mustangs likes the Mach 1, SVT Cobra, Boss 302 and more were out enjoying the Southern California sun. Ford Racing even brought out their new 2013 Mustang project car.
You can check out the Mustangs at the Shelby Cobra 50th anniversary reunion for yourself in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SVT celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Shelby GTS Police Interceptor Concept imagined
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake nets $154,000
- Video: Twin-Turbo Shelby GT500 puts out 884 rwhp and 876 rwtq on the dyno
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R
- Video: Shelby 1000 plays starring role in David Yurman watch commercial
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 sells for $135,300