Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Cobra, and Shelby is going all out to celebrate the car that started it all. Along with a series of anniversary events across the country, Shelby organized a special reunion for the Cobra, bringing together owners and enthusiasts alike to honor the famous roadster. Put on by the Team Shelby Pacific Coast Division and held at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA, the reunion was held this weekend and featured the first prduction Cobra, dozens of early 289-powered Cobras, big block 427 Cobras, and even a pair of King Cobra race cars.
Of course, the Mustang played a large role in the history of Shelby, and plenty of Ford pony cars were in attendance to help celebrate the Cobra as well. Shelby American had much of their current Mustang lineup on display, and owners brought out everything from original GT350s to the modern day GT500 Super Snake. The show wasn’t just limited to Shelby models, though, and Mustangs likes the Mach 1, SVT Cobra, Boss 302 and more were out enjoying the Southern California sun. Ford Racing even brought out their new 2013 Mustang project car.
You can check out the Mustangs at the Shelby Cobra 50th anniversary reunion for yourself in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- MGW announces details, pricing for its new Shelby GT500 shifter
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- Motor Trend tests the 2012 Shelby GTS
- Shelby to once again partner with Hertz for rent-a-racer Mustang?
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Shelby announces new 2005+ Mustang parts and accessories for the track
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Video: 2011 Shelby GT500 laps Virginia International Raceway