Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Cobra, and Shelby is going all out to celebrate the car that started it all. Along with a series of anniversary events across the country, Shelby organized a special reunion for the Cobra, bringing together owners and enthusiasts alike to honor the famous roadster. Put on by the Team Shelby Pacific Coast Division and held at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA, the reunion was held this weekend and featured the first prduction Cobra, dozens of early 289-powered Cobras, big block 427 Cobras, and even a pair of King Cobra race cars.
Of course, the Mustang played a large role in the history of Shelby, and plenty of Ford pony cars were in attendance to help celebrate the Cobra as well. Shelby American had much of their current Mustang lineup on display, and owners brought out everything from original GT350s to the modern day GT500 Super Snake. The show wasn’t just limited to Shelby models, though, and Mustangs likes the Mach 1, SVT Cobra, Boss 302 and more were out enjoying the Southern California sun. Ford Racing even brought out their new 2013 Mustang project car.
You can check out the Mustangs at the Shelby Cobra 50th anniversary reunion for yourself in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Shelby unveils 800 horsepower Prudhomme Edition Super Snake Mustang
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Shelby to debut new Mustang at LA Auto Show
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R
- 1966 Shelby GT350H race car to cross the block in Monterey
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds