Original owner reunites with ’65 Mustang Convertible at auction
Nearly five decades after Leon Fake bought a brand new 1965 Ford Mustang GT, the Silver Blue convertible is back in his garage thanks to the Auctions America by RM Spring Carlisle auction in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Fake was one of several bidders chasing the ’65 Mustang Convertible, and fortunately he came out the winner with a final sale price of $34,100.
“I put 85,000 miles on this Mustang and sold it,” said Fake. “I tried to buy it back a few years ago for $30,000, but the owner wouldn’t let it go. It’s a good thing the bidding stopped when it did, because I was at my limit.”
The A-code Mustang GT convertible is finished in Silver Blue with complementary two-tone blue interior and white top, and a white triple-stripe on the lower body matched that of the Ford GT40 race car competing at the time. Under the hood is a 289-cid, 225-hp V-8 engine with a four-barrel carburetor and mated to a four-speed manual transmission. The car also has the GT equipment group that includes five-dial instrument cluster, GT badging, hood accent molding, front disc brakes, fog lamps and dual exhaust with flared chrome extensions. Other options on the Mustang include the factory full-length floor console, radio, whitewall tires and Rally Pac comprised of tachometer and clock.
[Source: Auctions America]
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Alice Cooper's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $51,700
- Photo Gallery: Ford shows off first production Mustang ever built
- This one-off 1965 Mustang Fastback was Edsel Ford's 16th birthday present
- SEMA 2013: Ryan Venturine's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- Video: V8TV features a turbocharged 1965 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Larry Gareffa's home-built electric 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- Original owner of 1965 Mustang breaks the million mile mark
- SEMA 2011: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- Ford officially announces 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible licensed body shells
- Ring Brothers' 1965 Mustang "Producer" wins Goodguys 2012 Street Machine of the Year