2015 Ford Mustang rendered with Evos design cues
Rumors continue to abound regarding the upcoming 2015 Ford Mustang, the latest being that the Blue Oval’s next generation pony car will rely heavily on design cues from the Evos Concept that debuted at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September of last year. It’s hard to imagine how the styling from the Evos would be implemented on the Mustang, but the folks over at Inside Line have given their best shot and released two new renderings of what they think the 2015 Mustang will look like. The design ticks off all the boxes of what’s supposed to be in store for the new Mustang – a shorter, smaller body with a more futuristic, sleeker design that retains the car’s signature items like the rear quarter windows and triple-lens taillights. According to the web site, a Ford insider told them the renderings are fairly close to the design of the production car.
Of course, a new exterior design will be only one of many changes coming to the 2015 Ford Mustang. It’s all but confirmed that a four-cylinder EcoBoost engine will have a place in the new Mustang’s lineup, although it’s yet to be determined if the 3.7L V6 will stick around. A new independent rear suspension will likely replace the current solid rear axle design, and Ford is doing its best to shed as much weight – possibly several hundred pounds. Finally, the new Mustang will be a true global car and will likely be marketed in several international markets and even be available in right-hand-drive for places like Great Britain.
[Source: Inside Line]
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Car and Driver
- 2015 Ford Mustang to be officially revealed in December
- A closer look at the 2015 Ford Mustang powertrain lineup
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang debuts in Los Angeles
- CarBuzz.com offers up latest batch of 2015 Ford Mustang renderings
- 2015 Mustang to be offered in right-hand drive, European version won't get the 5.0L V8?
- It's official: The Ford Mustang is coming to Europe
- Video: Listen to the roar of the 2015 Mustang GT's V8
- Video: Watch the 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible unveiled in Sydney
- 2015 Ford Mustang face fully revealed in new spy photos